Followers

Friday 27 May 2016

Two Birthday Cards


Hi guys!
Here's two b-day cards I made this morning just for fun. I wanted to enter some challenges and really enjoyed just having fun with some of my favorite supplies. :)

My first card is inspired by Share Joy Challenge. I used the colors of the challenge and also used a Taylored Expressions embossing folder in creating my background. The inking of the bg makes it a bit hard to see how the embossing looks like but you can have the best impression of it in the top right corner. And actually: I'm using the same embossing folder in my second card and there you can get a very clear look of it! Anyway, I love the muted look of the distressed background I created for the first card. Inking, then "watering" the whole thing  and then dry embossing the dried, inked card, created a really interesting combination. The Stampendous flowers are colored with Copics and fussy cut. Coloring these was super fast but the cutting was a pain! :) A heat embossed sentiment on colored vellum finishes this card that has sort of a fall-look in my opinion. I'd also like to enter this card to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.


The second card:



My second card is for the AAA Cards Game #65, The 2nd Big Birthday Bash. Congratulations AAA cards! What a great party you are throwing, wow! It also qualifies for the current Seize the Birthday (dimension).  In this card you can really see the embossed background well. I also used some die cut tags (same colored vellum than in my first card) where I heat embossed one of my favorite flower stamps with white powder. This turned out pretty good too although I didn't think much when making it, it kind of just came together! :)

Thanks for popping by and have a great weekend! Consider hitting the follow-button if you liked the look of these cards. ;) 


13 comments:

Heather said...

Both fagulous card Nonni, a lovely design and the gorgeous background colouring...........your colours are beautifully coloured with super colouring, a gorgeous sentiment banel and fabulous details.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge//@>Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
.

*Vicki* said...

These are both so gorgeous Nonni!! I really love those flowers!! :)

BożenA said...

This card is very beautiful. I love this wonderful, a little dark and very atmospheric background. Vellum is even more indicates
Hugs,
BozenA

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards Nonni. Love the distress watercoloured background. So pretty for your lovely daisies. And the heat embossed vellum sentiment is perfect. Your second card is so sweet with the heat embossed vellum tag. Looks like you had fun this morning. xx

Donna said...

Hi Nonni :)
Two cards in one morning? I wish I was that quick!
Love your background on the first card... and the CAS feel of the second.
Have a lovely weekend...

Jen Shults said...

Ooh! This are gorgeous! I love your take on the color scheme - that is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us for this weeks Share Joy Challenge!

Ceal said...

both cards are beautiful, I have to say the first one is my favorite. Thanks for joining in our birthday celebration at AAA Cards!

Karren said...

These are two gorgeous cards! I absolutely adore the first one - the background and flowers work so beautifully together. And I have to add that the embossing folder you used is now on my wish list :)

Gerrina said...

Two beautiful cards, but...taht first one is my favorite untill now; such gorgeous colours, background and flowers! Hope you have a fun weekend!

Anita in France said...

These are both gorgeous, Nonni ... lovely daisies on the first ... and delicious dimension and texture on the second ... so elegant! Hugs, Anita :)

Marina said...

Love the inky look of the first card, and the cool elegance of the second.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous cards - that firs one is amazing with the awesome background - Thanks for joining in at STB~

OttawaMom said...

Beautiful cards! Love the tag and embossed background of the second one. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!