Followers

Monday 2 May 2016

Inky Butterflies


Hi friends!
I've just had a super fun weekend: Marina from My Perfect Life has been visiting me here in Finland and we had such lovely time! Yesterday evening (and night...) we got quite productive and made several cards together. This is the first out of the 3 cards I made in one evening, I'll post the 2 other cards tomorrow. 

For this card I first created two "ink smooshed" backgrounds with inks, plastic sheet and water. I dry embossed the other bg to be my card base and then stamped some Sizzix butterflies to the other bg and die cut them out. The Simon Says Stamp sentiment was also stamped and added to the card front.  This turned out very pretty in the end but me and Marina had a good giggle about my other background (the one where I ended up stamping the butterflies) because the red ink splashes looked like blood... So we called the butterflies "the massacre butterflies". :) Luckily the finished card looks nothing like those images we had in our mind! 

I'll enter a new to me challenge, Butterfly Challenge. The current theme is to add texture and my dry embossing and the ink splashes work perfectly for the challenge, yay!

This is only my second post for this new blog of mine... If you are coming from my old blog and haven't yet clicked the follower button, please do! :) Happy crafting, everyone! 


11 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love your smooshed background and beautiful butterflies.
Kath x

sandie said...

The background looks great, glad you had a lot of fun with Marina x

Loll said...

LOVE that background. Awesome smooshing along with the wonderful texture from the dry embossing. Your butterflies are gorgeous Nonni. xx

Mrs A. said...

Hello Nonni, Welcome to my Butterfly challenge. Pleased to see you here with this beautiful background that you have made for those amazing butterflies. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Nonni! I loved the textured/smooshed background panel.

Kimbo said...

I love your splashed background and pretty butterflies

Thanks for entering the Butterfly challenge this time, Kim guest DT x

Lynn said...

So fun to have crafty friends visit! Love this beautiful card Nonni.

Darnell said...

Lovely new blog, Nonni, and spectacular card! How fun that you got to play with Marina! (If you add a "subscribe by email" button, please let me know!) Hugs, Darnell

Marina said...

I can't believe how much better this is than the original piece of 'smooshed' card I laughed at . You taught me a lesson!

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful card! Love the bit grungy background and combined with the beautiful butterflies it is a card that is stunning! Hugs, Gerrina

Anita in France said...

Beautiful butterflies, Nonni, against a lovely smooshed background! So happy you and Marina had such a fun weekend! Hugs, Anita :)