Followers

Thursday 4 May 2017

TIME OUT Challenge Reminder


Hello friends!
Today I'm here to remind you of our current challenge at TIME OUT:

Flowers with the Optional Twist of Kissing

Are you familiar with the kissing technique? In this technique you use a solid stamp + a detailed stamp for forming one image -you transfer the detail to the solid stamp by "kissing" the inked solid stamp with the inked detailed stamp before stamping your design on the paper. In my card I've used solid flower and leaves stamps from PTI and altered them with kissing them onto a Kaisergraft grungy grid- style stamp before stamping on paper. I absolutely love how different these flowers look after the kissing! You can barely believe it's the same, clean-lined, solid PTI stamp! 

My card is a simple one layer. I've masked a curve and inked it lightly with grey ink before stamping the images. The sentiment comes from Happy Little Stampers, who are sponsoring our challenge with a 15£ voucher to their store, randomly drawn for one "twister". Go ahead and do some kissing then, right! :)

Click HERE for more inspiration from our DT members.  

I'd like to enter CASology: Flow
The wavy curve adds flow... And so does the stamped, continuous, pattern!


I'm also entering the Paper Players: Tic Tac Toe, my 2nd entry
(pink, flowers, leaves)


(I've grunged up my flowers with the grungy grid-stamp!) 


City Crafter Challenge : You Can Do It (Make your own bg)











16 comments:

Furrbster said...

Wow I love the design and layout on this card

Hugz Tinz

Gerrina said...

Wow a real flow on this card! Beautiful stamped shape and colours! Hugs, Gerrina

Maria said...

Pretty flowers with great design!

Loll said...

Fantastic design Nonni. Love the kissing technique and the "flow" of your split design. xx

Pia S said...

I like the worn look of the kissed images, like the surface has been sanded down. Very nice, decorative effect.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love this design Nonni! You rocked the kissing. Love the colors, that flowy design, and the perfect placement of the sentiment.

Lynn said...

Love how much movement the curve adds to your card...and the stamping is so perfect it looks like patterned paper.

Sherrie M. said...

Wonderful flow and movement with your curved line Nonni. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

Anita in France said...

Love the texture the kissing gives those lovely blooms, Nonni ... and the movement from the swoosh is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy1223 said...

Nonni, I love the flow of your curved edge...such a pretty separation between white space and pretty florals! What a great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Stella said...

Fab CAS design and I LOVE that floral background. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

sandie said...

Wow this is such subtle kissing and love how it adds grunge and adore the grey sponge x

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Absolutely lovely design! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jenny Colacicco said...

That is such s cool card. What a fab use of kissing - and I love the masked curve! Jenny x

Teresa Kline said...

hello! super fun card, luv the flowers and the cas design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Jill V said...

One layer wonderful for sure! I love how you sponged part of the background grey to created the focal area - that curved line is so beautiful! Love the kissed flowers too! Fabulous card!