Followers

Saturday 20 May 2017

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi guys!
We have a new challenge for you at Inkspirational, word prompt "Urban"!


At the beginning I was a bit lost with this one but then I remembered the fantastic stamped image I've received from blog friend Pia -isn't it gorgeous! It's from Penny Black and absolutely beautiful. I've colored the image with Copics (well, only partly as you can see!) and also stamped on it... My inspiration for this came from The Heart Desires monthly challenge


See the square down left? The dress and the handbag? My blue is a bit more blue than turquoise ( I had checked the photo a couple of days earlier and forgot about the shade...)  but I so loved creating this dress! I found a small stamp from a Uniko stamp set (a "flower building"-stamp) that I'm using here just to give pattern to my stylish Venetian lady's dress. The inspiration photo does not have any white dots but I'm hopeless, I just have to put them everywhere... :) I used the same red patterns on the clutch, there it's a tone on tone look and looks pretty fab there too! The sentiment is Finnish for "to a dear friend"and I hope this qualifies as an entry to Penny Black Saturday Challenge: Weddings, Anniversaries and All things Love. To me friendship definitely is "a thing of love"! 

I hope you'll now head on over to Inkspirational Challenge blog for more DT inspiration. Our guest designer this time is Aileen who is a fantastic card maker whose blog I've followed already for some time! 

Happy crafting!



17 comments:

Lynn said...

So stylish and fun Nonni!

Aileen said...

Fabulous card Nonni, love the stamp you have used and the partial colouring, brilliant.

Marina said...

How cleverly you've done this - I thought it was paper-pieced. Fabulous!

Shauna said...

This image is so fun! I love this sassy lady along the city streets. The pops of color really add to the design. Very chic!
- Shauna

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card... a really modern look...
Thanks for joining us at PBSC
Hugs Sylvie xx

sandie said...

Really,like the selected colouring and the stylish look

Kylie said...

This is very stylish. The background is great and I love the pop of colour in the image. Your sequins were very subtle but a cool touch! xx

cm said...

Ooh la la..chic, sophisticated and stylish! You've conveyed urban to perfection! I'd love to have your image's outfit (and figure)! Your creativity is sky-rocketing of late, my friend; you're moving - by leaps and bounds - from amazing to full-on stellar! I think something abundantly magical has been unleashed and I'm thrilled for you and, especially for us, who have the pleasure of seeing your inspiring gems! My crystal ball sees more DT invitations in your future!
Hugs~c

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This is amazing!! I LOVE the image and the way you selectively colored it in is amazing!

Hannelie said...

Oh wow, I see what you mean! Yours look stunning! I LOVE it and yes great minds do think alike!

Beverly S. said...

Beautiful work! I LOVE the image you used and your coloring of it.

SugarGem said...

Very neat and unique. Thank you for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge

tonyamaries said...

What a fabulous card! I love the dots too! Thanks for playing along with us at THD!

Pia S said...

Her outfit, colored and stamped, looks fantastic! You were right to leave the rest of the image uncolored for that outfit to really stand out. Nice touch adding the sequins for a little sparkle and shine too.

Juhi said...

What a lovely card! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along at The Heart Desires Challenge! Hope to see you again next month!

~amy~ said...

How awesome. Love how you kept the background uncolored.
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

jen said...

Oh I love how you were inspired! Such a great technique & beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!