Followers

Saturday 13 May 2017

New Challenge at Less Is More!

Hi friends!
We have a new challenge for you at Less Is More. It's a one layer week (one layer = one piece of cardstock folded in half) and we want to see spots and stripes in your one layer cards!


Our sponsor in May is the wonderful Uniko  and some of the DT is showcasing their great products! Don't miss any of the gorgeous inspiration, click HERE. We also have a guest designer, one of my first acquaintances here in bogland, Sue. She makes such beautiful CAS cards. Congrats on your GD spot, Sue


Now let's have a quick look at my cards.


Card 1
Sentiment stamps by MFT
Other stamps by Simon Says Stamp

This card has no special techniques or anything, it's simply stamped -after I was sure about the design I wanted to make I think this took under 5 minutes to make! :)

I'f like to enter this card to 




Card 2
Sentiment stamp by Freshly Squeezed Stamps (no longer in business)
Flower stamps by CAS-ual Fridays

This card took a bit longer than 5 minutes but not much! 

I've masked off a wide stripe and gently brushed grey ink to it to make it stand out from the white. My tools for this are not exactly fancy: an old blusher brush + very old and dry black memento ink pad that's nowadays grey! :) 

I then stamped the flowers and colored them in with Copics. After that was dry I added some Wink of Stella to the colored in areas and made the white dots in the flowers stand out even more by using white gel pen. I also added extra dots to some of the completely black "flowers". I think these could double as snow flakes in a winter card! :) 

I'd like to enter this card to 



(6 x colored in flowers)


Now it's your turn to show where our one layer theme Spots and Stripes takes you. Happy crafting! 





24 comments:

Jane said...

Stunning cards Nonni! Thanks for linking one up to AAA Cards.

Pia S said...

Inspiring CAS one layer cards. You make it look so easy. What I find the hardest with one layers is to make them look layered and not bland. Great job!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Two CAS spectacular cards Nonni. I absolutely adore the graphic look of the first one and your minimal colour choice but it really packs a punch. The way you've split the sentiment at the top and bottom is such a clever trick too ... may have to case that. A brilliant floral display of beauty too and superb masking. Looks like I'll not have to be so quick at discarding ink pads in the bin! Your inky BG is a neat trick and adds real atmosphere to your flowers. Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards too and have a great week.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I am in love with the super swirly font on your first card Nonni! What a fabulous card that one is and the way the stripes are overlaid on the circles gives a great illusion of depth. It is an awesome design on that one too. Your second card is really funky with those wonderful flowers and bright happy colours. Hope you enjoy your week xx

Sarah G said...

These are wonderful, Nonni! I adore the graphic, CAS style of the first card - the circles look great with the bold stripes. Your flowers are gorgeous too against that subtle grey stripe. Beautiful cards with lots of one layer inspiration. Have a great weekend x

Sue said...

The pink and green with black is such a wonderful colour combination, I do like it, Nonni. Fabulous design and interpretation of the challenge.

Trina P. said...

Love these cards Nonni. The colours and fun design of your first one is awesome. And what great use of an old blush brush and dry Memento ink pad. I think I just threw mine away. 😜

Susan said...

Love your cards. Terrific inspiration!

Lynn said...

You know how much I love all stamped cards. These are fabulous Nonni!

Esther said...

The clean, graphic look of the first card matches its sentiment - awesome! I love the repeated circles and the way the font of the sentiment has a flourish in the lines. Your second card is really pretty and such a fab way to incorporate spots and stripes in a subtle and clever way. Love them both! Have a great weekend x

Barbara said...

Nice example of how to make a quick and cute card. Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge this week at the Mod Squad. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon.
Barbara DT Member

Kim Heggins said...

beautiful cards...so clean!

Karen said...

Love them both, but especially the first one! I already have an idea for casing it! Thanks for the inspiration

Izzy Scrap said...

Stunning cards Nonni ! And I admire how you did the cards in such a little time ! I love your faux-mirror graphic design on the first card and your choice of colours ! I also love your stripe of flowers on the second and how you did the pale grey background ! A very good tip that I have to keep in mind ! Your cards are the perfect example to illustrate what CAS means ! So sorry for the late comment ! Have a very good week !

Gerrina said...

Totally stunning card that first one! I love the super graphic design! Hugs, Gerrina

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous card and great take on CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use six. Thanks for playing along and helping us celebrate six years of challenges.

Marina said...

Wow! perfect stamping!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards! Such fabulous designs! So pretty!!
Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Irit Shalom Designs said...

Love your card made for our 6 Birthday challenge! Great take of the theme and Good Luck!

Tasha Vovchuk said...

Love the idea of defining the background with gray ink in one layered card! Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays challenge! ;)

Neets B said...

I got to you eventually! Two terrific cards. I love the multi stamp design of your first and how the design flows from corner to corner, such crisp stamping too. A classic layout for your second, and I love the soft great shading of your patterned strip, so delicate x

Linby said...

Two fab cards, but I love the crisp look to your first card, a great design. Congrats on your DT post at LIM.

Anita in France said...

Brilliant, Nonni ... one cool, funky and graphic, the other bright, fun and so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

Great cards here Nonni, great inspiration too 😀 Viv xx