Followers

Saturday 27 January 2024

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!

I'm here with my DT card for Inkspirational! We have a very fun new challenge for you: Paper Piecing. Our DT member Marina chose the theme and she is the queen of paper piecing -she uses this technique often with stunning results! 


Please head on over to our challenge blog with lots of more DT inspiration and all the challenge details!

In my card I've used an Avery Elle stamp that I think I've never inked before, yaikes... I've had it for years though!! I knew I wanted to paper piece some sort of flower bouquet from my stamps but it turned out to be hard... This is my third attempt, all attempts with different stamps lol! Luckily this stamp looks great paper pieced I think. I should ask Marina for advice because for me this is a new technique! I know I've done it sometimes... But it's been years and years. So I'll call this a new technique for me! 

I'd like to join:

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: Anything Floral Goes
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: 1st Birthday Challenge Happy Birthday!
We Love Stamping UK: New/Anything Goes (trying new to me things: first time using this stamp and first time paper piecing in years and years!) 

Thank you for popping by and I hope to see you joining us at Inspirational! 



 

7 comments:

cm said...

Nonni, your paper pieced lilies are lovely, especially with your selection of patterned paper! The orange/yellow and teal are an eye-catching combination. I'm marveling at your fussy cutting; you've aced this technique! Wonderful inspiration for our challenge (and I agree: Marina is the Paper Piecing Queen).
hugs~c

Julia Aston said...

I hardly ever reach for orange and I see that I should after seeing this beauty Nonni! It has such a pop paired with the teal and your paper pieced lilies are gorgeous in the different patterns - you sure look like a pro with this technique! Julia xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your paper piecing looks just perfect, love the palette and the patterned papers you choose. Great design! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

brenda said...

A pretty floral creation, many thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Pia S said...

I think you made a great choice of stamp for paper piecing flowers. And I do love how the aqua colored background makes those orange flowers pop. Beautiful.

Marina said...

Hmmph, you don't need any advice from me...this is absolutely perfectly executed and looks amazing. Such beautifully chosen papers!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous choice of colors and patterns Nonni!