Followers

Thursday 4 January 2024

New Challenge at Time Out!


Hi friends!

It's time for a new challenge at Time Out... and very appropriately for new year we are challenging you to be NEW. :)


This is a special challenge because we are also introducing two new DT members, Greta and Helen! Please head on over or our challenge blog for all the news, challenge information and lots of DT inspiration! 

I tried two new (to me) things in this card:

-double embossing with glitter embossing powder for the Gina K feather die cut
-black on black raised die cut background

I wanted to use a WOW embossing glitter I had purchased and never tried (oh so that was new too!) and I wanted to make this very sturdy and thickly embossed die cut with it... So I embossed the die cut with the powder twice.  A simple technique many of you have probably done many many times but for me this was a first try lol! The photo doesn't do justice to the color and shine of the feather.

I pretty often cut white cover plate backgrounds, glue them on another piece of white card and then use those as backgrounds... So I wanted to see how that would look with black card. Very cool I think! I definitely want to try this with other colors too -no idea why I have only done this with white card this far! This cover plate die is by Winnie and Walter, sadly no longer running. The sentiment is by Altenew. 

Thank you for popping by and I hope to see you joining us!

I'd like to join:
Little Red Wagon: What's New
Paper Minutes: Something New






 

14 comments:

Quillish said...

What a striking card Nonni! Love the way you incorporated new techniques. I am sure this card looks stunning with all that shimmery embossing. <3

My Paper Epiphany said...

So elegant and striking! I love the yummy embossing powders!

Heidi said...

Eine sehr schöne und edle Karte!
Danke, dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.

Liebe Grüße -
Heidi.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so gorgeous, Nonni. I love that geometric background juxtaposed with the elegance of that glittery feather. Wonderful sentiment too.

Helen said...

How gorgeous Nonni! Your card is striking with the dark background and beautiful glittery feather! It is perfect for that wonderful sentiment. Very special!

Kate said...

Very cool background Nonni - perfect for showcasing your embossed feather! WOW! embossing powders are amazing aren't they! I bet this looks even more amazing IRL! Love the sentiment! Hugs, Kate!

Greta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greta said...

Just so beautiful! I love the look of double embossing & that feather looks amazing! Wonderful background with the black on black and I need to remember to do it with all colors, too! I'm still sad W&W closed!
So grateful to have joined the wonderful DT at Time Out!

Ilonka said...

What a great design, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge.
Ilonka DT

Deepti Aggarwal said...

This is simply Gorgeous, Nonni. The black background for this Glittery feather is simply awesome. I love the design of this card so much. Hugsxx Deepti

Bobby said...

It's always fun to try new things and even better when they look as beautiful as your card, Nonni. I do love that background and need to try that for myself. I have done the double embossing and love the way it looks smoother and more like enamel.

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful card Nonni! I love the gold on the black!

Imke said...

This looks very elegant with the black, white and gold, Nonni. Like your layout and style. Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon this week and we hope to see you back again often in 2024 !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,love the gold embossing against the black embossed background.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x