Followers

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Pastel Butterflies


Hi friends!
I'm popping in to share a card I made for a couple of challenges:

Less Is More: Three Pastel Colors


A Blog Named Hero: Anything Goes with Hero Arts


AAA Cards: Shiny Spring
(my butterflies are winked and all shiny!) 


Stamping Sensasions: Anything Goes

I chose pale yellow, pale pink, and pale blue for my pastels. The colors unfortunately look quite bright in the photo due to unnatural light I had to use for photographing at 10.30 pm. :) I find pastels a bit hard to use but I do like them with grey and as grey is a neutral I'm hoping using it in addition to the pastels is allowed at LIM! 

I used my Hero Arts butterflies and co-ordinating dies I LOVE LOVE LOVE. This die design is great for CAS cards! This time I used matching card stock behind the butterflies to bring out the pastel colors even more. The stamped sentiment is by Verve Stamps and the stencil I used is an oldie from my stash, maybe Panduro or something. Grey card for card base and each butterfly got their own little perl embellishment. Wink of Stella was added to the butterflies. 

Thanks for popping by!





13 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Beautiful card, Nonni! Love the stencilled background it's very effective.
Elaine

BożenA said...

Beautifully did this wall, it looks as if the whole picture emerging from the mist. Amazing impression. Great card!!
Hugs,
BożenA

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So elegant Nonni, love the subtle stencilled brick wall with those dimensional butterflies fluttering by. They look so realistic. A wonderful CAS take on our challenges and thanks for playing along at both AAA Cards and Less is More x

Sarah G said...

This is gorgeous, Nonni! I love the soft butterflies as a contrast against the grey brick - it looks so effective. Your inking and colours are beautifully soft too. Great to see you at Less is More this week :)

sandie said...

We sure are using our Verve sentiment stamp set so much...perhaps we should do a joint order from here??? Love how you grounded these with the brick base and I see it is in the AAA gallery, thanks for joining us x

brenda said...

A very elegant and stylish creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Staming Sensations April challenge.

B x

Esther said...

This is gorgeous, Nonni! I absolutely love the peek of coordinating colour underneath the elegant butterflies, and the wall behind really grounds the design and sets off the pretty colours to perfection. Lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Melissa L. said...

This is a lovely CAS card, Nonni. Such pretty butterflies with the colors peeking out and I love the stenciled background. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards with this Springtime beauty. :)

Jenny Colacicco said...

That brick background is awesome in grey - the butterflies look super 3D against it. Absolutely gorgeous and elegant card Nonni! Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards! Jenny x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Using the pastels underneath the butterflies is such a unique take on the challenge Nonni and your card is beautiful. Gorgeous subtle shading on the stencilled brickwork too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

creative lady said...

Love your card, love the soft stencil in the background and I'm a sucker for any butterfly. Thanks for joining A Blog Named Hero.

Melissa said...

What a pretty CAS card, Nonni! I love those delicate butterflies and the little pearls are such a nice touch! Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge over at A Blog Named Hero!