Followers

Saturday 8 April 2017

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hello friends!
I'm here sharing my DT card for the new Inkspirational challenge. Very easy one this time: a word prompt "spring"!


Our guest designer this time is Trina whose blog I follow and really really like her style. Great to have you joining us Trina! Don't miss her card or the fantastic work by our DT, click HERE!

I was late making my DT card due to a very hectic work week. When in rush, I think stencils are great: you get both an image and some color in one go! Of course solid stamps could be used too but I find stenciling super quick and easy. I used an old flower stencil (brand unknown) and sponged two shades of distress inks through it. I die cut the panel with my new W+9 frame die -I've been longing for this die since it came out and now I finally decided I'll buy it and boy do I ADORE the look of it! I think I might use it in all of my cards now. ;) Also the Hero Arts sentiment stamps are new and came in the same order (you should have seen me happy dancing in my craft room on Wednesday!). I've outlined the black stamped sentiment with white gel pen, inspired by Kelly Latevola's coloring videos. Now when I look at the photo I see I missed a couple of lines -need to take out my gel pen again, lol! :) I finished off the card with three clear sequins. 

I'd like to enter:

(the frame die + sentiment stamps are NBUS!)


A blog named Hero: Anything Goes with Hero Arts (my 2nd entry)




13 comments:

sandie said...

Well I wish I could get the handle of stencils! I really like the white gel around the sentiment, amazing look x

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Nonni. Love the stencilling and great work with the gel pen. It really makes the sentiment pop.
And thank you for your kind words and support.

Trina xo

Darnell said...

This is stunning, Nonni! I need to turn to my stencils more often! I have the Oxide inks on order and I'm hoping I'll be a better stenciler/blender with them. This wonderful QACAS card is inspiring me and I love the frame and sediment, too!! Thank you so much for playing in NBUS Challenge #11 again! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful card!

Marina said...

Beautiful card - that white outlining idea is very effective ( may steal!) .

Anita in France said...

Wow, how gorgeous, Nonni ... beautiful blending on that wonderful bloom ... the outline around the sentiment really makes it pop! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa said...

So pretty! Love the colors and design. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Shauna said...

This is beautiful! I love the big flower stencil and your bright colors. The border die is also stunning! Great card Nonnni!
- Shauna

Loll said...

So pretty Nonni. Definitely colours of spring. Love the white outlining of the sentiment ... really makes it pop. xx

cm said...

I'm happy dancing in my craft ROOM (still a mess-fest!) in seeing your gorgeous card, Nonni! The frame is perfect for that breath-taken-away stenciled bloom! Simple AND stunning!
Hugs~c

creative lady said...

Beautiful card, love the stenciled background. Thanks for joining A Blog Named Hero.

Kim M said...

Beautiful card Nonni! You sponging is perfect and I love the colours you used! 😍

Swapna B Patil said...

Yes, i too feel relaxed and a way to escape from a last minute commitment.. Lovely card with such an elegant stencilling...
Thank you so much for joining us this month at A Blog named hero..