Followers

Sunday 23 April 2017

Butterflies for Challenges


Hi friends, I hope you have a good Sunday evening!

I'm here to share a CAS card for three fun challenges:

Less Is More: Stripes




CAS Mix Up: Inlaid die cutting, stamping + your choice (dry embossing, copics). My 2nd entry to this challenge!



I've used a Taylored Expressions embossing folder for creating the stripes in my card base. For the focal point I cut a white circle and stamped PTI butterflies on it. I then cut a black frame where I inlaid the white circle. I think inlaid die-cuts are so good for CAS! Less layers, more CAS, right. :) The butterflies are colored in with Copics and I've also coated them with Wink of Stella. I added white dots with white gel pen to perk up the frame a bit. My usual choice would have been to add a sentiment heat embossed with white powder on black card but I wanted to add some grey to the card (inspired by the silver in the photo inspiration) and I actually really like the outcome! 

Sorry for the shadows in the card (well they do show that I've popped up the circle with foam adhesive!), I had to photograph this in unnatural light. It's late here already. :)

Thanks for popping by and happy new week!










17 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful butterflies Nonni and love how the challenge inspired you. Thank you for sharing with us at Inspired By All the Little Things!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super pretty and super elegant Nonni. Love your subtle striped textured BG and a perfect design for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week.

Bonnie said...

Love those subtle stripes and pretty butterflies, Nonni! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Liz said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Nonni. Love the butterfly image and the really subtle way you've incorporated the stripes. xx

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty!

Loll said...

Beautiful design, Nonni! Love the white-on-white striped background. Your pretty inlaid butterflies just pop off the card base with the dark frame. Love the added detailing with your white pen. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!! xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous design, Nonni! I love how you used the stamp set and the soft embossing on the background. Lovely take on the inspiration.

Ardyth said...

This is stunning - love those artistic butterflies!

Maria said...

Lovely card with the pretty butterflies!!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card...love your wonderful butterflies!

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful Nonni. I love your CAS design with your inlaid butterfly stamped circle and striped background. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up..again :-) Hugs..

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, Nonni. I love the background stripes a brilliant idea!
Elaine

Esther said...

Wow, love this clean and oh-so-pretty design! The subtle background embossing is so classy and the stylised colourful butterflies look awesome! Fab card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Susan said...

Terrific card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Neets B said...

This is gorgeous, Nonni. I do love embossed stripes for a background, there's something really stylish about them. And those butterflies are wonderful.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

sandie said...

Gosh I seemed to have missed a few of your cards, blogger hasn't been sending me the emails but has now started again! Another wonderful display of your colouring skill x

Pia S said...

This reminds me a bit of Marimekko and 70s retro, I love this style. The white dots on the frame are a nice decorative touch.