Followers

Friday 9 June 2023

New Challenge at Time Out!


Hi friends!

We have a new fun challenge for you at Time Out, 'Sportive'! If this world is new to you, check out the definition below. All the challenge details + lots of DT inspiration HERE! Our winner gets a voucher to Newton's Nook and will also be called to guest design in a future challenge. This time our guest is the very talented Carol  with a super fun beach life-themed card. Thank you Carol for joining us!

spor·tive1
/ˈspôrdiv/
adjective
  1. 1.
    playful; lighthearted.
    "Sir John was in sportive mood"
    Similar:
    playful
    lively
    full of fun
    fun-loving
    high-spirited
    spirited
    in high spirits
    jolly
    merry
    lighthearted
    blithe
    gleeful
    frisky
    exuberant
    perky
    skittish
    sprightly
    coltish
    jaunty
    prankish
    frolicking
    romping
    capering
    full of beans
    frolicky
    frolicsome
    gamesome
    blithesome
    frolic
    wanton
    ludic
    Opposite:
    solemn
    staid
  2. 2.
    relating to, interested in, or good at sport.
    "Britain's architectural and sportive heritage"


In my card I've used an old Winnie and Walter stamp with matching die. I decided to make a shaker card -not something that happens often! The shaky pieces are stunning embellishments from a Picket Fence sequin mix and they are so sparkly and iridescent, love them!! I'm however a bit unsure if I can send this to anyone... I was out of habit of making a shaker and I didn't remember how well you must glue/tape your pieces together -Some of my smallest pieces want to fly out when I shake lol. Well -I can leave it to myself as an inspiration piece to remind me to be very good with adhesive!!! The cover plate die is by Birch Press Design. 

Thank you for popping by and I hope to see you joining us! 

 

5 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

So adorable and I love the shaker!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this, Nonni. That little bear is adorable, and who doesn't love a shaker. I always have issues making them too, hence the reason I rarely make them. Maybe I'll give it a whirl again. Great take on our challenge!

Kate said...

Super cute image Nonni, beautifully coloured as always! I love your circular window with the circles radiating out - a bit like a camera lens! And the sparkly shaker elements - I wouldn't mind this sort of blizzard!!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Bobby said...

Your bear is darling and beautifully colored, Nonni. I'm with you on the shakers. It is more finicky than one would think to get the well built and the glue to stick. I do like the idea of them though and I'm glad you gave it a go because it really adds to your card.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such an adorable card, Nonni!! I love this cute Bear from Winnie and Walter, one of my favorite stamp company. I really love this shaker card..Hugsxx