Followers

Saturday 17 June 2023

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!
Our new challenge at Inkspirational is "emboss your background". You can use embossing folders or heat embossing, both will do! Thank you my DT buddy Julia for choosing this fun topic!


I used a striped embossing folder for my background. After embossing it I masked the raised arias one by one as I went and inked the "valleys". The dies I'm using come from Honey Bee Stamps and I LOVE them -this is my first time using them. Also sentiment is by Honey Bee Stamps. We don't have possibility to buy Honey Bee here in Finland and when visiting US in May I did order these dies, a beautiful floral stamp set and orchid dies from them. Can't wait to try the other products too! 

I began with die cutting the pieces from white Neenah and sponged ink to them with Altenew dye inks. I guess I could have used colored card stock and shade that but decided go the hard way lol. :) Love the soft look though! The "basket" is a half circle die by MFT -I stamped a little checker pattern to it to make it more basket looking and also used some ink sponging and shading to add to the more textured look. Not a perfect basket but good enough! I'll confess this card took ages to make with all the masking, sponging, inking, shading, stamping... All the works. But I'm very happy with it!  

Thank you for popping by and I hope to see you joining us!  



 

4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a creative inking technique you used on your embossed striped background Nonni! Love the colors here and your beautiful basket of strawberries! Julia xx

Kate said...

Well worth the effort - I love the softness of the inking Nonni! It's so feminine and of course it matches your inked panel perfectly! Hugs Kate!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card and technique Nonni! Love the colors too~

cm said...

WOW! I was wondering how you created the stripes; now I know! Glad you persevered with the labour intensive nature of your card, because the results are outstanding! The embossed background is perfect for your 'stylized' basket of strawberries. Yum! I only have a couple of Honey Bee products and I agree: they're fabulous.
hugs~c