Followers

Saturday 25 February 2023

New Challenge at Inkspirational!

Hi friends!

I'm here with my DT card for the new challenge at Inkspirational where the challenge for next fortnight is "Stitching, real or faux" 


My choice is faux -the white oval Simon Says Stamp die cut has stitched edges. Apart from the oval, all other products are by Hero Arts. I've used "Magnolia Branches" cover plate for the background. I cut it from faux watercolor designer paper and glued it on top of another sheet of same paper for tone on tone look. The butterflies from "Butterfly Pair stamp and cut" - combo are colored with Copics. Cutting out the oval shape around them did amputate their wings lol... But I've taped them back and re-inforced the back with an additional die cut layer and I think it works just fine. I couldn't figure out how I could have made this looks with partial die cutting so this was how I did it then, a bit brutal but succesful in the end. :) I love the butterfly die -it's so fun how it only cuts out the wings, you can lift them up and it looks like your butterfly is fluttering upwards from your card. 

Thank you for popping by! I hope you'll now head on over to our challenge blog for lots of more DT inspiration and all the challenge details. 

I'd like to join:
Paper Funday: Anything Goes with Lots of Layers



9 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful watery DP you used on your background Nonni - so pretty with the background die cut layered over the full panel! Your butterflies are so lovely fluttering over your faux stitched oval too! Julia xx

Greta said...

Beautiful tone on tone background & love those butterflies!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful details and lovely effects Nonni~

cm said...

Stunning, Nonni! The die cut background, the stitched oval, the butterflies: talk about an eye-catching, beautifully composed card. And the colours...swoon! Awesome inspiration for our challenge!
hugs~c
And just in case I haven't mentioned it lately: I'm soooo happy you're back on the team!

Kate said...

WOW! What a beautiful card Nonni - so serene and tranquil! I love the colors you've chosen and the colouring! Hugs, Kate!

Star Gambling said...

I am grateful for the enthusiasm and knowledge the author has for different topics, and for sharing them with us.

Pia S said...

This is a beautiful and classy, timeless design. Loving the fresh colors and your fluttering butterflies, and the die cut background with the same colored panel has a lovely effect.

Michelle Lupton said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge :)

Marina said...

How super pretty this is and I love the colours