Followers

Monday 26 July 2021

Christmas in July!


Hi friends!
Believe it or not, this is the second post in a row with a card just for fun for challenges! I love summer vacation!!! :) I used a wonderful poinsettia stamp and die set by Waffle Flower for the focal point of the card (also the sentiment comes from the same set) and then used a Catherine Pooler cover plate for the fun snowflake background -it has a retro feel, right? This WF poinsettia set is one of my best purchases from last year, a definite favorite in my stash. I colored the poinsettia with Copics and added some detail with gel pens and Wink of Stella. This card pleased my eye without any embellies or paint splatters so I just left those out this time! :) 

This card is for:



Double Trouble Challenge: Christmas in July (no twist of bow for me!)




I hope you liked my card and thank you for popping by! 



 

8 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Beautiful card, Nonnie! Your coloring of the poinsettia flower is just GORGEOUS! I was unfamiliar with Catherine Pooler cover plates, but your background you created with the die is wonderful! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Christmas in July" challenge!!! -Donna

Kellianne said...

Classic colors and beautiful traditional Christmas feel! This is a very pretty card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Double Trouble so I could see it :)

MortiCraft said...

Stunning card. I love the background and the poinsettia topper. Don’t forget to add our challenge graphic to your blog post to be eligible to win. Thanks for playing along with Christmas Craft Creations. X

Nonni said...

Thank you for noticing my mistake, have added it now! xx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful card and your poinsettia is so pretty and fantastic coloring and your background is a perfect setting. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Please hop on over to Heart2Heart our partner for this challenge and share with them (link is on our post).

Jennifrann said...

Gorgeous!

A.Rose said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations!

Lady Joyful said...

This is absolutely stunning! Really beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT