Followers

Saturday 30 September 2017

New Challenge at Less Is More!


Hi guys!
We have a new challenge for you at Less Is More. September has 5 five weeks so we have one of our "lucky dip" challenges for you and this time it's watercolor. 


I made my card using stamps by Altenew. This card was actually quick to make but had several small steps and I thought I'd list them for you in case the look of the card interests you.

*First I inked the top half of the card with green DI using an old make up brush
*I splattered water on my ink, let it sit for 30 secs or something and blotted it away receiving white spots on my ink. 
*I stamped the flower with the help of Ranger stamping tool (this stamp is HUGE, I only used 1/3 of it for this card)
*I watercolored the flower with a coat of grey water color 
*I randomly added pink, purple and blue watercolor to the petals
*After this was dry, I water colored on top of the whole image with shimmery gold water color from Gansai Tambi's starry colors
*Splattered watered down white acrylic paint + my gold water color all over. :)
*Stamped the sentiment
*Ready!

From the detail photo below you can see how the golden water color shines. :)


Thanks for popping by and I hope to see you playing along! Our blog is filled with DT inspiration and I hope you'll check out everyone's cards. We have a guest designer too: Jane from Purplejetlovescrafts. She has the most wonderful CAS style, do visit her blog and leave her some crafty love! Our September sponsor is Happy Little Stampers. 


I'd like to join:





24 comments:

Sarah G said...

Your card is just elegant perfection, Nonni! I love the soft inky background and the touch of golden watercolour over the top of the image. That stamp is a beauty too!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a masterpiece Nonni - it is good enough to put in a picture frame and hang on a wall! Such a tranquil scene with the soft, almost airbrush look to the background. Adding that golden wash over the image was just inspired. A really sophisticated card. Have a great week xx

Marina said...

This looks magical!

Izzy Scrap said...

It is simply breathtaking, Nonni ! What a beauty ! It makes me think of a Japanese engraving with its soft inky background (I'm again in admiration with it !) and your delicate and golden watercolour ! As Sharon says, it would be just gorgeous framed and hanged on a wall ! Thanks for inspiring with this masterpiece ! Have a great weekend and a fabulous week ! xx

Lynn said...

Nonni, so soft and soothing. Absolutely beautiful.

Neets B said...

Woahh, this is beautiful, Nonni. Thanks for the step by step, and I would never think of painting flowers with grey and adding a wash of gold. I really must use my watercolours, I always just reach for my distress inks as they are to hand. Thanks so much for the inspiration xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Blown away by this beauty Nonni. This is so elegant, dreamy and a wonderful combination of colour and design. Your watercolouring skills are sheer perfection. A complete inspiration. Have a good week x

Red Queen Art Creations said...

I love your beautiful card, the gold is a fab touch xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

gorgeous colors and very elegant feel to the card

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, Nonni, this is so beautiful!

Where Imagination Takes Me said...

Just love this card, came out so beautiful

lostinpaper said...

LOVE it! what a fabulous take on the inspiration!

sandie said...

This card is a beauty. I love the design and the colours all blend perfectly.

Trina P. said...

Stunningly gorgeous card, Nonni! Amazing colours. Your watercolouring is spot on. Love the splatters and the added shimmer. Great design too. Love it all! Have a wonderful week. Trina xx

Susan said...

So elegant and beautiful. Just perfect inspiration!

Loll said...

Gorgeous design, Nonni! Your sponging and watercolouring are perfect! xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, love these colours, Cathy x

Anita in France said...

Elegant and so gorgeous, Nonni ... what a stunner! Hugs, Anita :)

sentsue said...

This card is gorgeous. I have been thinking about buying this stamp for awhile. Beautiful job with the challenges.

Virginia L. said...

So glad that you join the fun over Altenew September Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!

Sue B said...

Just love that gentle watercolouring effect and the use of the gold watercolour finishes it beautifully x

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE all the subtle layers of color Nonni! Congratulations on the win at ALtenew:))

Amyjzs said...

Beautiful card!

Maryam said...

Love who you colored this card..