Followers

Saturday 11 March 2023

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!

We have a new fun challenge at Inkspirational with a 'Numbers' word prompt. I have some number dies I could have used... But I just didn't find a fun way! So in the end I went with a stamped numbers background. 

If you are familiar with this Waffle Flower flower stamp that I used as my focal point then you know there actually is a miniature lady relaxing in the center of the flower... This time I decided to hide her with butterflies and sequins. Would you have guessed something is hidden there if I hadn't told you? I've used rose gold embossing powder for heat embossing my images and water colored the images with  DIY shimmer water colors: I mixed some perfect pearls powder and some inks on acetate and went to town. The shimmer is really subtle but it is there -the powder actually changed the ink colors a little bit so this was a fun experiment!


Please head on over to our challenge blog for all the challenge details and lots of more DT inspiration. 

I'd like to join:

We Love Stamping UK: Anything Stamped with the option Spring is in the Air
Stamping Sensations: Anything Stamped with the option Wings and Tails
The Flower Challenge: Die cut or Stenciled flowers (mine are die cut) 



 

13 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I love the colors on you beautiful florals and butterflies Nonni! and the great subtle way you added numbers to your design! Julia xx

Kate said...

Gorgeous card Nonni! I love the subtlety of the background numbers stamp and the colouring is beautiful - even better IRL I imagine! And your sentiment seems to have worked - we have a little sunshine today after a crazy week including snowing, lightning, lashing rain, and wild winds! Kate x

HilaryJane said...

No I definitely wouldn't have known there was a lady hidden in the flower. Great idea for the numbers. Your card has a wonderful spring like feel to it. thank you for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

brenda said...

My eyes are not up to seeing the nestling lady but it's a beautiful floral image, many thanks for sharing at our March themes at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful card, and surely I wouldn't have known about that lady hidden in the flower!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Pia S said...

You've hidden the lady very well, I can't spot even a little teel-tale sign. Fabulous coloring and love the subtle number border!

Linby said...

Very pretty and such a lovely sentiment too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

Linby said...

Thanks also for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful, subtle use of numbers and alteration of image Nonni!

cm said...

Your card is stunning, Nonni! Lovely blooms, beautiful butterflies and the subtle placement of numbers make for a breath-taken-away design. In awe of your creativity once again!
hugs~c

Marina said...

Such a pretty card with a hidden surprise under the butterflies! I love the numbers as an extra touch of interest and I bet the shimmer looks great irl.

Aileen said...

Stunning creation Nonni, thank you so much for entering this is our challenge. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautifully coloured blooms and butterflies on your lovely card today! Thank you for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Hugs, Lesley