Followers

Saturday 5 September 2020

New Challenge at Inkspirational!

 


Hi friends!

I'm here with my DT card for the new challenge at Inkspirational where we are inspired by this fun photo:


I chose the black and white floor, also the squares on it... And then "white" flowers with touches of color from the balloons. The background card I used is a recycled menu from a wedding I attended some years back -it had this fun stripy backside and I couldn't help myself, I had to take it with me from the wedding! I think I stole my date's menu too. :) I knew there would come a time I could use it in my card making and here we are with the slimline cards being trendy and this was the perfect size! :) 

The flower is by Concord and 9th and I've water colored it. The sentiment, simply stamped, is by Colorado Craft Company. It's really jumbo sized -perfect for the slightly wider size of the slimline if you ask me! Also I find some of my jumbo sized sequins work for slimlines but not so well for regular a2 card bases -happy to get some use out of them as well. :)

Please head on over to our challenge blog for all the challenge details and lots of more DT inspiration! 



3 comments:

Pia S said...

Beautiful and delicate coloring and I so love the elegance of the striped background.

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty! The flowers on the table in the photo completely slipped by me - but perfect for your card. As is the upcycled striped menu.

Marina said...

I love the subtle colouring on the flower, it looks so perfect with the black and white stripes and I love your recycling!