Followers

Thursday 23 January 2020

Time Out Challenges Reminder!


Hi friends!
I'm here to remind you of our current challenge at Time Out where we want you to be inspired by something in your wardrobe! A fun, a bit different theme don't you think!


I was inspired by a long dress I bought in December for all the holiday time festivities. It's such a comfy dress because it's not tight from anywhere... Yet it has some sort of cut and shape, it's not one of those overly floating sacks! :) The photo of it is just a quick snap of me standing in a hotel room before heading to dinner but here it is: 


In my card I've tried a new to me technique where you stamp your images with colored ink first and then with versamark and heat emboss them with clear powder. That makes the images to resist the black ink you can then sponge on top. These Altenew flowers have a base layer stamp that covers the whole image and that's what I've used for the versamark stamping. I quite like how this turned out, it all being "one layer" makes it look like fabric a little bit! I finished the panel with some white gold water color splatters. The sentiment is by Waffle Flower. Hope you like!

I look forward seeing what you'll create for us. Our winner gets a $20 gift voucher to Poppy Stamps and will be invited to guest design in a future challenge. This time the guest designer is talented Lise Mariann! Make sure to visit her and all our DT blogs for more inspiration. 

I'd like to join:
Stamping Sensations: Favorite Stamps (this Altenew flower set is surely an oldie but a goodie, one of the reliable faves in the stash! This is my 3rd entry) 
Penny Black and More: Feminine (my 3rd entry)
Uniko Jan/Feb Challenge: Anything Goes





15 comments:

sandie said...

You look fab in that dress (and loving your hair like that!) The pattern on the dress is so pretty and wow to making such a fab card from it-it is stunning. I love the way the flowers look with such depth-I don't quite understand how you did this but keep doing it as it makes amazing cards x

Babs said...

What a fab challenge, and what a absolutely beautiful card, the colours are so pretty..
Babs x

Joyce said...

OMG---are you not the cutest most beautiful gal in that dress. I love it. And, of course, I love the beautiful and dramatic card you made inspired by that dress. Really cool how your focal point is off to the side. Love that layout.

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I am loving that dress and that card is amazing with the black background!!

brenda said...

Your stamping looks really effective on the black cardstock, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Favourite Stamps' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Thanks for also sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Viv said...

Must try this technique - the result you achieved is lovely. Pretty card and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Beautiful dress, beautiful card, beautiful you. I love this Nonni, and how wonderful to see your smiling face. I have not heard about this technique. It certainly worked well for you. I'm going to have to try it.

Beverley said...

LOVE this card. I really must try this technique too. Thank you so much for the inspiration and joining in on the fun at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

Anita in France said...

What a lovely smile, Nonni ... you look wonderful in your elegant dress ... I'm tempted to call it a gown it's so chic! Equally gorgeous card ... the bright florals are fabulous against the sponged black ... deliciously dramatic! Hugs, Anita :)

Sally H said...

A fabulous creation using your favourite stamps! The colours are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Jane said...

How beautiful ! Love the dark background to showcase the flowers. Stylish just lime your dress. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

فاتن الصاوي said...


شركة عزل فوم بالخبر
شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالدمام
شركة عزل فوم بالاحساء
شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة الحمام بالاحساء

Julie B said...

I wondered how you'd got the flowers to stand out against the black, fab technique.
Thanks for sharing at Uniko. :)

Linda said...

This looks amazing. Thank you for playing along with the Uniko challenge xx