Followers

Saturday 11 January 2020

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hello friends!

I'm here with my DT card for the new challenge at Inkspirational where we are inspired by the prompt word

'Fauna'

I could not help to think of Flora and Fauna and added the flower theme to the mix. :) 

The stamps and dies I used come from Waffle Flower and it was my first time using them -and boy did I enjoy making this card!! I love the dimension here: The flower is not die cut but stamped directly to base and then covered with masking paper that was cut with the co-ordinating die. I then sponged and splattered the background, revealed the flower and begin coloring with my Copics. The butterflies are die cut "for real" and popped up from the base. 

This sentiment must be one of my new favorites now and I bet you'll see it in so many cards in the future lol! The pink coloring of the flower looks a bit flat in the photo but I think it looks alright IRL. Hope you like and thanks for popping by! Lots of DT inspiration and all the challenge details HERE

I'd like to join:
Simon Says Monday: Something New (the stamps + the technique of masking stamped image with co-ordinating die)
Simon Says Wednesday: Fun With Florals
Penny Black and More: Make it Feminine
Stamping Sensations: Favorite Stamps (the sentiment is a new favorite for sure!!) 

13 comments:

brenda said...

You have achieved beautiful depth of colour on your pretty card, many thanks for sharing and joining our 'Feminine' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Thanks doe also sharing with us at Stamping Sensations January challenge.

B x

Viv said...

Love the rich vibrant colours of this card Nonni. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

cm said...

WOW! Another breath-taken-away work of art, Nonni! Beautiful vibrant background for your stunning flower, fairy and butterflies! Your masking technique: superb! As always, I'm coming away smiling and inspired!
hugs~c

Viv said...

Such a beautiful floral card Nonni, I love it ;) Viv xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous colour pallet, great images, the sentiment strip is very effective too. Thank you for joining our 'Feminine' challenge at Penny Black and More.

Kath x

Shauna said...

Yes... like minds. =) Really though, these colors are AWESOME! So bright and gorgeous. That background is amazing and I love that you layered it with bold colors. A bold design that really paid off!
- Shauna

Pia S said...

Masking so that the flower image has white lines around it, what a brilliant technique to give an illusion of dimension. The colors are stunning!

Marina said...

I love the saturation of colour. I love the woman in the flowers - did she fall into the flowerbed on the way back from a party? Haha! It's fabulous.

Sally H said...

Another beautiful colourful creation using your favourite stamps! I love the background - a fabulous colour combo. Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations again this month and good luck!

Marlena M. said...

Your card is a STUNNER Nonni! Wow!

Anila Dikay said...

What a gorgeous card Nonni... The colours are so very vibrant. Love it.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x