Followers

Saturday 25 August 2018

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi guys!
We have anew challenge for you at Inkspirational:


I hope to see you joining us! This time the talented Cathy is our guest designer. Play along and one day you could be asked to join us as GD too! As always the regular DT has made inspirational samples for you as well. 

I had a bit of a trouble with this word prompt: English is not my mother tongue so sometimes it can be hard with some words. When this happens I turn to Thesaurus.com for synonyms and words related to the word prompt... And this is what I did this time too. I found out that one could for example think of a snap shot or just something that's quick and easy... And I combined these things in my card. I used a stencil that leaves a white frame (like in a polaroid) and just in general stenciled cards are the fastest ones to make! Also I already had the strip of vellum with white heat embossed sentiment ready in my stash so this card came together in no time at all! In addition to DI:s for inking I used plain water, white gold pearl water color and white acrylic paint for splattering some "snow" to my stenciled design. The rectangle is cut with a Winnie and Walter die. 

I'd like to join:
ABC Christmas Challenges: P is for Plain (I hope this simple one layer design will do as plain! I've attached the stenciled panel to a card base but basically it's a one layer) 

Thanks for popping by and I can't wait to see what you'll create!


10 comments:

Aileen said...

Im glad you looked up the word because mentioning it you have given me an idea. I love your card, the colours you have used are so beautiful together and that die cut brilliant.

Aileen said...

Ohh my goodness as I read again I realised this is a stencil, not a die cut, looks so sharp and defined I could have sworn, my apologies. Amazing one layer

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love these colours and I agree with Aileen, your stencilling is beautiful, so crisp, Cathy x

Pia S said...

Oh wow, I too thought this was a die cut, not a stencil. This design is a trick to my eyes, and it’s brilliant!

sandie said...

My goodness, I thought this would have taken hours. It really is magical, the colours beautifully blend. I so wish I had your skill at this kind of card making, you lake it look so easy yet for me this I could never make!

Shauna said...

How fun! I love this creative shape and the negative tree. Your colors are beautiful. When I first saw the card I thought it was a snow scene and I thought you were referencing a "cold snap." So, it seems your card has several "snap" meanings! Very beautiful!
- Shauna

Marina said...

How beautiful! It really does have a magical look.

cm said...

Absolutely stunning, Nonni, with the crisp white trees set atop the gorgeous sky! You've really captured several layers of 'snap' in your magical creation. LOVE this!
hugs~c

Anita in France said...

Cool, crisp and so frosty looking, Nonni ... magical indeed! Hugs, Anita :)

Kylie said...

Loving your thought process here, Nonni. Your scene is beautiful! xx