Followers

Saturday 29 June 2024

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!

I'm back with a DT card for Inkspirational, where we want to see you using stencils. Head on over to our challenge blog for all the challenge details and lots of more DT inspiration! We also have an optional twist of "use paste" but I chose not to this time. 


Creating this card was super easy although it did require some steps and drying time. The first step was debossing the Altenew florals with their 3d embossing folder on patterned paper that had random earthy colors on it. Next I did the "black out"-technique, where you swipe black ink on top of your debossed design so that what ever is debossed, shows clearly, and other areas turn black. I let this dry overnight. I then took a STAMPlorations stencil and stenciled the geometric pattern with white ink around the flower. I used Hero Arts white pigment ink which is the only white ink that I've been ably to get completely dry without setting it with anything... It does help setting the ink if you dry it with the heat tool in the beginning... But I anyway did let this one set for some hours before turning the panel over and attaching it to the card base. 

I love how this turned out although it does have a melancholic vibe... I actually needed a sympathy card so I added a Finnish condolences sentiment to this, heat embossed on vellum. I keep thinking if it's too dark and not comforting enough for a sympathy card... But it is quite beautiful and has a tranquil feel. I want to try this method with more happy colors in the future!

 I hope to see you playing along at Inspirational!





 

No comments: