Followers

Saturday 11 July 2020

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!
We have a new challenge at Inkspirational and it's something I really like! 


I've been practicing on my coloring skills lately: I've tried to learn the marker coloring style where you leave the brush nib strokes visible and don't blend the colors together. I think I tried this the first time already 5 years ago (or something!) and I've kept coming back to it every now and then because I so admire the textured look... But I've never liked the way my strokes look like!! About two weeks ago I decided it's now finally time to learn the thing and not to just be intimidated... And this is the first outcome I feel confident enough to share! I used Altenew markers for coloring and a little bit of white gel pen and white and gold paint to add final accents. 

The amazing image is a Power Poppy digital stamp that is FREE (wow!!) in their shop HERE. They have amazing digis in their store... I'm very tempted!! After the background was ready I was so relieved I just grabbed a sentiment stamp I had near me on my table (by Create a Smile) and stamped it... It totally vanishes into the background... So I tried to salvage it with die cutting three fishtail shapes (by MFT) around it, popping the two inner ones up. Don't love it but oh well, at least most of the flowers look nice! :) 

Please head on over to our blog to have a look at all the DT inspiration and challenge details. Thanks for popping by and happy crafting! 

I'd like to join:

The Flower Challenge: Summer/Winter (Summer!)



Simon Says Monday Challenge: Play with Paint


9 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I have been too timid to try colouring in a background with markers, but wow, does it ever add to the vibrancy of this beautiful card! I'm not sure you even want the sentiment to be any more obvious - it would just take away from the floral awesomeness!

Kim Heggins said...

GORGEOUS!

Viv said...

What a beautiful card, just love those gorgeous flowers too, great colouring also! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

cm said...

WOW! You've mastered this technique, Nonni: your flowers are gorgeous! Love the bright palette; such a work of art should be framed!
hugs~c

Shauna said...

Your practice certainly shows because this card is GORGEOUS! Seriously... the bold colors and depth of color is so so nice. Beautiful card Nonni!
- Shauna

Pia S said...

I’m speechless. This is coloring on an expert level. It’s gorgeous, Nonni.

Marlena M. said...

I've always admired your coloring skills, especially with flowers! This is amazing!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunner this one is Nonni! Gorgeous bright colours and incredible colouring. Vicky x

Marina said...

I bow down to your colouring talent - it looks flawless to me. I got that same freebie (plus also bought a few digis)- I think that's the one with the free Kit an Clowder colouring class?? I tried the free class but gave up pretty quickly as it was beyond me!