Followers

Saturday 17 March 2018

New Challenge at Less Is More!


Hi friends!
I'm here with my DT card for our new challenge at Less Is More:


So, it's our one layer week... Remember to stick with one piece of card stock folded in half, no additional layers attached! :)

The stencil I've used comes from our March sponsor, STAMPlorations. I decided to play with the "white ink shadow" technique on kraft card -I haven't tried this before and wanted to see how it would look. I like it! I stenciled the design first with white pigment ink, then moved the stencil slightly, and used couple of shades of DI:s for the colored flowers. The sentiment is simply stamped. It comes from a Concord & 9th stamp set. I added a couple of small pearls for embellishments. 

Thanks for popping by, friends! I hope you'll now head on over to our challenge blog for more DT inspiration and all the challenge details. STAMPlorations owner and designer Shery is joining us as a guest designer -love the funky card she created for us! Don't miss it or any of the fun, click HERE




9 comments:

sandie said...

I just love this Nonni,that white shadow really works and I adore the font of the sentiment-can you send me the link from the set, when you get chance, will order this so can pick it up in US when I see the girls...also love the words x

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful card and such a beautiful sentiment too ! Love this technique, I tried it once for fun on a draft sheet but I totally forgot it ! It is so delicate and adds more dimension. I love it, it's so effective on kraft paper ! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs xx

Susan said...

Such a pretty card...lvoe that kraft card stock.

nancy littrell said...

I LOVE your shadow technique, Nonni. I definitely want to try..soon, so I do not forget! Love your choice of stencil and using it in the corner. Beautiful sentiment too. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Nonni ... that cascade of soft blooms is lovely with the white shadows peeking out ... and I love the sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely beautiful! Every time I see stencils on kraft card I know I've got to give it a try and moving it slightly for the added look of dimension is just brilliant - especially on those one layer cards. Gorgeous idea and design Nonni. Have a good week. x

Trina P. said...

Great job with the shadow stencilling technique. It looks awesome on Kraft... love Kraft cards. Love the contrast of the bold black sentiment and how you stamped it right over top. Beautiful card. xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fabulous technique card Nonni! I haven't tried that one before so I think you've spurred me on to give it a try. Love the way it looks on the kraft card. You've provided some great inspiration here. xx

Neets B said...

Super fabulous one layer, Nonni. I completely forgot about this technique, it's ages since I did this and it's so effective. That pretty ink blend looks so gorgeous on kraft, and the white just makes it pop xx