Followers

Saturday 4 November 2017

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!

Today begins our new challenge at Inkspirational:


I must admit I had absolutely no idea what are the current card making trends! I haven't had much time for blog hopping (or money for shopping!) lately so I'm totally out so to speak! Luckily our Ink boss Marina gave me a lot of good ideas (that lady knows what she is talking about! Marina is super trendy with her cards!) and here I'm using some of her ideas: pastel colors and black sentiment strip with white heat embossed sentiment. Using the flower came to my head from some clothes I've bought recently (yes, sometimes you sacrifice the crafting money for clothing...)  - dresses/shirts with roses and other floral patterned fabrics seem to be quite on trend at least here in Finland... So my Altenew flower came out to play. I went with a quite womanly/romantic look with this card using the scalloped rectangle die from W+9 in addition to the soft color palette and flower-theme! Hope you like!

Our guest designer this time is Linda. She has a wonderful card making style, she makes both CAS and more detailed cards, do visit her blog Loopyloocards and have a look! Our regular DT members also have made stunning, trendy cards for your inspiration -don't miss any of them, click HERE! Happy crafting!




9 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful card Nonni! Trendy on point!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! I think it is so elegant!

cm said...

So enjoyed reading about the behind-the-scenes sparks of inspiration (especially the dresses/shirts with roses on them...photos, please!) that lead you to design this absolutely stunning card! Your flower is gorgeous in its star-of-the-stage role and the stage itself - the blue/black and scalloped-edge - is perfect. Crisp, fresh, lovely and totally 'on trend'! The embossing folder I used is a Richard Garay design. It's so pretty! I also have the 'lumberjack' one (has a knit pattern). Wishing you a marvelous weekend!
Hugs~c

Shauna said...

Very cute! Looks trendy to me! I do like the white on black sentiment and the lovely rose against pastel. The scallops are a great addition!
- Shauna

Marina said...

Haha- I shall just enjoy being called 'super-trendy'! This is beautiful - I do love the black against the pastel blue and the single flower is very stylish.

Sarah G said...

This is such an elegant design, Nonni! I love the subtle colours and single bloom. I agree with you, there do seem to be a lot of floral prints about at the moment so this looks on trend to me :)

Maria said...

Very classy and so pretty with the lovely flower! Beautiful scalloped edge, too!

Anita in France said...

Soft and elegant, Nonni ... love the soft blue with the bold black ... gorgeous colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

Pia S said...

My mother has a blouse which reminds me of your card. I hope she'll tire of it pretty soon, which means it will end up in my closet, hihi. It's delicate and yes, it's trendy too.