Followers

Sunday 12 March 2017

Waiting for Spring



Click larger for closer look of details and shine!



Hi friends!
I'm here today sharing a quick CAS one layer with you. Well, quick and quick... This was one of those cards that started somewhere and ended in a result nothing close to the first version -even the stamps are different! My primary inspiration comes from this week's Less Is More: One Layer with the theme of leaves. I own several leaf-stamps but none of them quite spoke to me this weekend. The reason for me not liking my leaf stamps right now is probably how I've used them previously -almost exclusively for fall... And I was in no mood for a fall card! Finally I found a super duper old tree and leaves- themed stamp set by Gel a Tins, a stamp company no longer existing if I'm right. I think the stamps looked great paired with a spring-themed Verve sentiment stamp and voila, a card design (that felt currant!) was finally ready! 

This is a very simple card with basic masking for the snow bank and just plain stamping for sentiment and images. I used 3 different green inks for leaves and also winked the leaves in the end for shine. You'll see the shine better if you click the photo larger.

I'd also like to enter:

http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.fi: Close to Nature

Thanks for popping by!

19 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So lovely!

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous CAS design Nonni, and I hope spring comes soon:-)

Pia S said...

I don't know what you had planned initially, but I do like the version you ended up with. Great inking, it grounds the tree so it doesn't look like it's hanging in midair. A simple but effective detail.

Esther said...

This is lovely! Such a tranquil and elegant scene - the tree and leaves stamp set is gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Dora said...

What a sereen feeling, Very beautiful made.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month

Liz said...

Fabulous CAS card, creating a lovely scene! I love how you've used different shades of green for the leaves. xx

Greta said...

You are so creative, Nonni--love this! Beautifully designed!

brenda said...

A super and elegant CAS creation, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Lynne K said...

A gorgeous, delicate CAS design! One of my favourite sentiments too! Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Darnell said...

I love that your inner Muse came up with this out of the blue, because it is so very clever and pretty, Nonni! I love the spring green popping right out of the snowbank!! Hugs, Darnell

Maria said...

Oh, such a gorgeous CAS card! Pretty tree and love the sentiment! Spring can't come soon enough! We are having snow right now as I type. It's pretty, but I'm ready for spring!:-)

Sarah G said...

This is just so pretty, Nonni! A beautiful scene and sentiment on a CAS design. Great to see you at Less is More :)

Loll said...

This is so sweet!! Love your card Nonni. It definitely shows the times with us all waiting for spring to arrive. xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Swooning here Nonni. Crisp, clean and a stunning scene. Love those pops of green leaves and a perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More this week. x

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely stunning one layer design Nonni!! I really love the soft coloring...perfect CAS card! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Skye said...

A very pretty CAS card. A beautiful tranquil scene. The sentiment is a nice promise considering down here we are heading for winter.

Viv said...

Great card for LIM Nonni,such a pretty little scene you created here too ;) Viv xx

Marina said...

What perfect stamping and masking!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...love your masking, perfection.