Followers

Saturday 4 November 2023

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!

I'm here to share my DT card for the new challenge at Inkspirational! For the next fortnight we are inspired by this mood board:


My inspiration points were cookies, whipped cream and Christmas drinks (I'm thinking the bottom right image is from a Christmas hot cocoa nook!) ... along with white writing on black. I've colored a Dreamflare Studios digital image with a no line look -I printed the image to be only 20% of the normal outline strength. I used my Copics + colored pencils for the coloring. For an extra wintry look I decided to use a fSSS alling snow stencil with white paste but although this stencil is a long time fave I do regret using it this time... The image is quite delicate and the stencilig overpowers it a bit... But after using quite some time practicing coloring this image I didn't want to remake the card again lol!! The sentiment comes from a Tree Room Studios set.

Do head on over to Inkspirational for all the challenge details and lots of more DT inspiration!

I'd like to join:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Thinking of You


 

5 comments:

cm said...

Nonni, your colouring breathes beautiful, colourful life into this image. Absolutely gorgeous in every way. All this needs - as do so many of your cards - is a frame. Once again, in awe of your talents and creativity. You're an incredible inspiration!
hugs~c

Julia Aston said...

Wow Nonni! what gorgeous coloring of your no line digi image, I have not tried that technique yet - Beautiful shading of colors and wonderful white paste snowfall! Julia xx

Pia S said...

Your no line coloring is perfection! And honestly, I did not notice the stencilling until you pointed it out, so to me it's not oevrpowering at all. Your card haa a lovely warm and cozy feel.

Marlena M. said...

BEAUTIFUL coloring, as always Nonni! I love the soft snow; I think it's a pretty touch (not overpowering in my opinion)~

Marina said...

I don't think the stencilling overwhelms the image at all - it looks great. The no-line colouring is amazing.