Followers

Thursday 9 June 2016

TIME OUT Challenge Reminder!


Hi friends!
I'm here to remind you of our current challenge at TIME OUT. Click here for all the details! We are being inspired by this photo...


...and as last week, I went with the bricks again. :) I used the same stencil too but this week I used it as an embossing folder in my Cuttlebug. Worked pretty well! I added some ink to the embossed panel, partly swiping with the ink pad (love the stripes that technique gives) and partly inking with a blending tool.  After I had the bg ready I didn't know what to do... So I did what I so often do and colored in a simple flower image. :) This one is from PTI and has a really calm, soothing feel I think... So this became a condolences card with a Finnish sympathy sentiment heat embossed on vellum. 

Thanks for popping by and I hope to see you at TIME OUT!  


8 comments:

Lynn said...

Love how you mimicked the distressed look of the brick on yoru card. So elegant.

Karren said...

Wow, I love this Nonni! Your brick background is the perfect backdrop for that gorgeous flowers. Once again, thanks for having me as GD and being so wonderfully helpful through the process.

Gerrina said...

And a super card! The flower looks beautiful and the vellum adds so much depth! Have a sunny weekend!

Donna said...

I love brick backgrounds, Nonni.
Beautiful card :)

Joyce said...

Love how you went with a flower on the brick, since that is what I did. It's beautiful, and very soothing. The sentiment on vellum is a perfect touch.

Marina said...

Very gentle and elegant - perfect for sympathy.

Anita in France said...

This is beautiful, Nonni ... love the contrast of that softly coloured lily of the valley and delicate vellum against the graphic texture of the brick wall ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

Such amazing colouring of the flower Nonni, just stunning and works so well with the contrast of the background, a really soothing card x