Followers

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Card Kit Club With Marina and Pia!

 Hi friends!
Me, Marina and Pia started a small "club" together -we are sending the same card making supplies for 4 or more cards to each other. The fun lies (in addition to getting amazing crafty goodies!) in seeing how different cards we make with the same supplies! I encourage you to head on over to Marina  s and Pia's blogs to have a look what they made, I'm sure their cards are fantastic and I can't wait to see them. 

 I sent the May kit and Pia was clever enough to remember to take a photo out of it (I wasn't)... But now when I try adding her photo to this post some weird stuff is happening and I can't do it! Bummer! So please have a look at the photo in Pia's and Marina's blogs. However, these were the ingredients of my flowery kit:

1) dry embossed flower background on white watercolor paper
2) Large Hero Arts bg stamp heat embossed with white on watercolor paper
3)The same Hero Arts stamp stamped with black on marker paper
4) Stamped and die cut Altnew Hennah Flowers
5) Several sheets of patterned paper in reds and blues
6) Small amount of sequins and gems (I use so little embellies that I had absolutely nothing fun to send!)

In my first card I used part of the dry embossed background for a super simple CAS card. I swiped red ink straight from the ink pad to the embossed panel. I love how applying ink straight from the pad gives you this uneven, distressed look! I simply attached the panel on textured card base and added a sentiment by STAMPlorations.


My second card features the Altenew Hennah flowers colored with Copics. I used two sides of one of the patterned papers too and chose a cream card base to match the color tones on the patterned paper. I also used Wink of Stella for the flowers, the photo makes them look a bit strange and over-glittery but they are fine in real life! :) The sentiment comes from the Altenew Hennah Flowers set.


My third card might be my favorite. The layout is inspired by Marina who I've often seen using this layout with patterned paper on top and bottom parts of her card base. Looks lovely I think! The stamped flower bg and the patterned paper originally covered the whole card front but when trimming everything to size I made drastic cutting mistakes... So this is how the layout turned out in the end. Looks pretty I think but it was a shame to miss most for the coloring I had made! Sentiment by Papertey Ink. 


Finally the fourth card where I used the heat embossed Hero Arts bg. I sponged it with DI and then used water and a brush to remove color from inside of the flowers. In the end I coated the flowers with Wink of Stella and attached the panel on a patterned paper-covered card base. This looks quite pretty too, the ink color happened to match very beautifully to the paper! Sentiment comes from Simon Says Stamp.


Now, please head on over to Marina's and Pia's blogs and have a look at their cards! I hope they enjoyed playing with my kit and can't wait to receive the next kit. :) Happy crafting and have a fun week! 

6 comments:

sandie said...

So pleased you got this sorted and great bunch of cards x

Pia S said...

I love what you've made using the kit! Different styles, from very CAS to simple elegance! The third one is my favorite, I love the mix of shades of blue, the panel is very effective, great detail and such an eye catching design.
Great ink sponging idea (first one), a happy colorful card (second) and fabulous monochromatic look (fourth). Loved plying with your kit, the images and embossed and stamped backgrounds are not something I've got in my stash.

Marina said...

Card 1 – I love the way the embossed panel has picked up the ink and given light and shade of the red.
Card 2 – This is a great composition – love the strips of paper and the way you’ve brought in both the blues and the reds.
Card 3- Sometimes mistakes turn out for the best and this is a unique design and I love the richness of the blues.
Card 4 - So soft and pretty – the way you lifted the colour with water makes it really light and delicate.
I just can’t decide which I like best….. I love them all – if pushed maybe no 3 is the most unusual , so perhaps my top favourite.
Thank you for getting me into this and organising it ! I’m really enjoying it.

Anita in France said...

These are all fabulous, Nonni ... you have such a fantastic range! I gasped on seeing the last one ... it's so lovely ... delicious soft colours ... so gentle and peaceful ... perfect with that sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Imke said...

Just came from Pia and i´ve already visited Marina. Your cards are also great ! I like what you´ve done with the kit. My favorite is the second - love it.

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Gerrina said...

What a treat to see four beautiful cards! And fun to see that you made them look so different! Have a fun weekend!