Followers

Saturday 4 June 2016

New Challenge at Inkspirational!




Hello friends!
We have a new challenge for you at Inkspirational: Word Prompt TEXT. Before going to the details of my cards I want to share some great news with you! I usually don't write any personal stuff in my card making blog but this is just too cool to not write also in here: I passed my driving exam yesterday! Can you believe it! At first go at the age of 35. :) I've had intensive 2 months learning to drive and sitting on the theory lessons with all the teenagers. :) I'm so glad and so proud of myself too! Woo hoo! 

Anyway, my card. :) I made a bg panel for my Clearly Besotted flower, inspired of the word prompt. I first sponged some blue DI on the card panel, spritzed it with water to get some white dots, dried it, then stamped the text background with a Prima stamp and finally dry embossed the whole thing with a Taylored Expressions embossing folder that gives very fun, subtle, distressed kind of finish. My flower is colored in with Copics and that's pretty much all there is to this card -some gems and a stamped, Finnish birthday sentiment. I'm SO bored of all my Finnish sentiment stamps (well I only have 2 that I use all the time) and I finally found a nice sheet of sentiments and bought it yesterday. Very glad about that too! 

I hope you'll now head on over to the challenge blog and have a look what my design teamies and guest designer Jen from Haystack Cards have created for your inspiration. I hadn't seen Jen's blog before and her cards are amazing, do check them out! Happy crafting!

7 comments:

Loll said...

Fabulous design Nonni. LOVE how you colour and add shading with your copics ... you really brought this flower to life!

Congrats on getting your driver's license!! Awesome! xx

Marina said...

Wow!!! Great news on the driving - and you've beaten me! This is a great design - I like the new sentiment stamp ad love the colour of the orange and blue together.
BTW - you weren't linked up from Ink, so I fixed it now.

Karren said...

Congrats on passing your driving exam! That's a big achievement! And your card is gorgeous - love that flower!

Pia S said...

Beautiful card, Nonni! I haven't got many flower stamps and I absolutely love those you've got in your stash. And this style is nicely CAS and elegant.
So sorry my visits have been a bit irregular lately, MIL was here 5 nights from mid May, the following weekend my parents spent with us in Oslo and have just now completed a trip to celebrate hubby's sisters' (twins) 50th birthday. 1000 km driving in two days. Weekdays spent at work and outdoors. Soon going on holiday, but things will get back to normal again in July:) I'll be around as much as I can for the rest of this month. But I'm well prepared for the 15th, so no worries there...
Also, big congrats on getting your drivers license!

cm said...

Cheering and applauding your driver's license accomplishment, Nonni! More freedom for you! Yayyy! Your card: yet again, another innovative, eye-catching, beautiful delight! You've created a lovely 'text' panel for oh-so-pretty flower! Love this!
Hugs~c

shirley-bee said...

Pretty card, Nonni, and great colouring as always! Congrats on passing your driving test :)

Kim M said...

Lovely card, Nonni! Love your design and your colouring is fab as usual! :-)