Followers

Saturday 18 May 2024

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!
I'm here with my DT card for Inkspirational where our DT member Pia has chosen a very fun theme for the next fortnight... Spotlight technique! There's many possible ways to execute this technique and there's great DT samples in the challenge blog. You can also make a quick google search and find many videos, tutorials and more image inspiration! 


In my card I've used Altnew's CYL kit Meadow Breeze stamp with coordinating stencils. I stamped and stenciled the image twice: my first image was stenciled with only grey ink... And my second image was stenciled with very colorful inks! 

I cut an arch shape out of the colorful version and placed it on top of the grey one and voila, I used the spotlight technique! :) The die cut sentiment is from Altenew's CYL kit Seasonal Blooms. I splattered with black water color this time and it was a bit runny... Some Altenew enamel dots cover a couple of crazy looking splatters... Luckily they fell into a pretty nice visual triangle lol! 

I hope to see you joining our challenge!

I'd like to join:



The Flower Challenge for May: Color Your Flower 





 

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely technique used Nonni - stenciling your background floral in gray and your spotlit piece in brilliant colors. It's also a very beautiful floral as well! the splatter and black frame really accent the arch panel! Julia xx

brenda said...

Lovely bright and cheery blooms and great spotlight design, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Cindy Beach said...

What a perfect image for your spotlight technique. The colors you chose are so so pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and gorgeous colors!

Bobby said...

I haven't done that technique in ages, Nonni, but now that I've seen your beautiful card I'm going to make one for the challenge. I love the colors and the arch die that spotlights them. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really beautiful card. Love the colouring and your splatter looks perfect to me xx

cm said...

Nonni, your spotlight technique is spot-on gorgeous! What else to say but I LOVE your inspired, inspiring take on this challenge!
hugs~c

Carol said...

Nonni, what inks did you use because they are beautiful and so striking! what a gorgeous card!

Nonni said...

Hi Carol! The inks I used for the purple flower are Memento Lilac Posies + Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Razzleberry. For the red flower Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Crimson and Velvet. I was light handed with my lighter color and heavy handed with the darker color to make the contrast very big and I also varied this a bit in different petals, not making every petal the same. Some have more contrast and some have less, if that makes sense! :)

Marina said...

I love that you used the arch shape. The red and pink are so vibrant and I love your splatters - the enamel dots are doing a great job!

Mervi said...

Upea ja tyylikäs kortti.
Kiitos kun olet mukana We Love Stamping haasteessa;-))m

Pia S said...

This design is so impressive! There are several things I love about it, like thr colours and the fact that you coloured the background in greys instead of leaving it untouched. Also, the arch shape for the colourful portion has lots of impact. Wonderful design!