Followers

Thursday 24 September 2020

New Challenge at Time Out!



Hello friends!
I'm here with my DT card for the new challenge at Time Out where we want you to be inspired by the quote above! You could be inspired by the whole sentiment or just choose one word/some words. 

I chose just coffee as my starting point and used a NBUS Three Room Studio stamp for creating a winter-themed card to send to a friend. The "wallpaper" is made with a Memory Box stencil and I used a woodgrain stamp for the floor after first masking the floor area and sponging it with lighter brown ink. The wallpaper background was supposed to be a lot more muted and soft but in my first version (that I ended up tossing) when using my brush for applying the ink I noticed the brush was dirty and my blue ink gave me an icky vomit green color... Not exactly what I was going for. Since I only have one brush I then had to use a blending tool, hence the strong color! The coloring of the main image is created with Copics. 

Please head on over to our challenge blog for all the challenge details and more DT inspiration.  



 

3 comments:

sandie said...

These colours work so well together and love that gorgeous stencil background. Love how you grounded the image and I would love to be all cozy there!

Marina said...

I've not seen this stamp befor and I just love how you've combined it with the snowflakes as wallpaper.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a warm and wonderful scene... love the floor and wallpaper. Your coloring is always amazing...