Followers

Sunday 26 September 2021

Guest Designing at Waffle Flower September Fall Favorites Challenge!

Hi friends,

today I have a very special post for you! I have the great joy to join the creative, talented folks at Waffle Flower as a guest designer for week 4 of their September Fall Favorites challenge. This week we are showing projects related to Halloween! 



If you are new to Waffle Flower's monthly Challenges, here's how they run: The challenges always have an overall main theme (for example now in September it's Fall Favorites). The design team encourages you to think outside the box and add different kinds of twists to your projects.  Each week there's inspiration in the blog highlighting one of the twists. There's only one link tool for the whole month so you can create your cards inspired by all of the twists during the whole month and add them to the linky as the month proceeds. I really love this original and inspiring way this challenge runs! Here are the suggested twists for September:

- shaker cards
- fall color themes
- leaves
- use an iconic fall image for 3 or more times on a card.
- Halloween
- Fall drinks
- harvest time

click HERE to have a look at the Challenges at Waffle Flower blog. 

I made two inspiration cards for you:

Card 1 
Shaker card with Halloween colors


In this card I used the whimsical Fall Dreams stamp along with the co-ordinating die and created a fall card with Halloween colors! I also thought Halloween is such playful time that why not make a shaker card just for fun! :) I've water colored my images with distress inks. 

Card 2
Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins!


Would you say pumpkin is one of the most iconic Halloween decor items? To me it is! :)  I used the stamp set Pumpkin House both for the stamped background and for the distress ink water colored image. I added paint splatters to embellish the background and covered the pumpkin house with Wink of Stella for sparkle.


Please head on over to the Challenges at Waffle Flower blog and have a look at more inspiration by Dana and Arjita for Week 4: Halloween... Along with inspiration for weeks 1-3 of the September Fall Favorites challenge! You'll love what you see and want to play along for sure!! 


Thank you for popping by and a huge thank you to Sunshine and Arjita at Waffle Flower for inviting me as guest designer and making me feel very welcome! 








 

No comments: