Followers

Tuesday 14 August 2018

New Challenge at Less Is More!

Hi guys!

We have a new challenge for you at Less Is More: Sketch! 



I'm a bit on a hurry when writing this so let's keep it short and sweet and jump right into my cards!

Card 1 Green Birthday Card

In my first card I used tiny Paper Smooches tags dies to represent the squares in the sketch. The tiny flower stamps come from Clearly Besotted stamps and the minimalistic coloring needed was done with Copics. The sentiment is from an old set, sorry don't know the maker of that. The tags are popped up for dimension and the sentiment is simply stamped to the green card base. I try to use up my colored card and save some white!



With my green card I'd like to join:
  CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: Inspiration photo. I'm inspired by the banners in the photo. 


Card 2 Thanks



I'm literally stretching the sketch in my second card... And am afraid the CASness of this card could be better... What do you guys think? I had this pre-made black and white card base ready and I colored in 4 of the circle images to represent the sketch. The border stamp is from the same set tham the sentiment in my first card. I die cut a Winnie and Walter sentiment 3 times and adhered the pieces together to make a thick sentiment embellishment but it didn't pop from the busy background. :( I adhered the extra black strip behind it which does help but I do not like it! 



These were my two cards for you this time. I hope you like them! Our August sponsor is STAMPlorations so do play along for a chance to be invited as guest designer or winning the sponsor prize! Lot of fabulous DT inspiration in our blog and in the personal blogs of our designers. Don't miss any of the fun, do join us! 

10 comments:

Anita in France said...

What a lovely fresh green as a base for those sweet floral tags, Nonni! Your second card is kind of retro and funky with those blue hued concentric circles ... groovy! Hugs, Anita :)

Pia S said...

Your first card is sweet and for this minimalistic design I think the colored cardbase was a great call. That’s a great sentiment too. As for you second card I think it has a cool retro look and by just coloring the 4 of them I think it mimics the sketch. I love playing with sketches and to allow yourself a bit of free flow of creativity.

Michelle W said...

Two great cards Nonni, the banners on your first card are perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

Trina P. said...

Both wonderful cards, Nonni! Your tag card is adorable and the coloured green card base is refreshing. Love your creative license of the sketch on your second! The black strip is perfect behind the sentiment to help it stand out better. I think it’s CAS. 😉

sandie said...

I just love your first card-super take on the sketch and inspired an idea in me-using CAS-ual Friday photo too-lets see if it gets made!

Izzy Scrap said...

Two stunning takes on the sketch, Nonni ! I love your first card with the tags, so fresh and CAS. The sentiment is fabulous. And I find your second card very artsy and CAS enough for me. It reminds me the kind of wallpaper my parents had in their house when I was a child ! I do think that the black strip is the perfect addition to pop the sentiment up better. Beautiful work ! Hugs xx

SmilynStef said...

Love how you used the little tags with the sketch ... adorable card.

Nora Noll said...

Both cards are fabulous but LOVE the second one. I can totally see how you stretched the sketch in it and think it is so cool!!

Neets B said...

Those little tags are adorable, such a simple idea but it's a gorgeous and cheery card. And I love how you thought outside the box for your second card. Perfectly CAS in my eyes and a great idea to use the black strip xx

Lori Kobular said...

Both of your cards are adorable! I love the sentiment on the green one! Who doesn't like to celebrate their birthday for more then 1 day! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!