Followers

Saturday 28 April 2018

New Challenge at Less Is More!


Hi friends!
I'm here with my DT cards for the latest challenge at Less Is More, where we have a sketch challenge for you. This is how the sketch looks like:


I really love this sketch and created two cards with it. Let's discuss the card details! :)

Card 1 (above)
This card is created with stamps and dies by Altenew. I love these bamboo roses! I've colored the flowers in with Copics, die cut them, adhered them to black card base and added a simply stamped sentiment and a couple of sequins. I've added wink of stella to the leaves and some white gel pen to the roses. 

I'd like to join:
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: April Showers Bring May Flowers


That's Crafty Challenge Blog: Going Round in Circles
Stamping Sensations: One for the Girls


Card 2 (below)
This one layer card is created with two snowflake stamp sets by CAS-ual Fridays. These snowflakes were my favorite for Christmas cards last year and I'm very pleased with this card so it looks like I keep loving them! I used Memento and Altenew inks for stamping.  


With this card I'd like to join:
Papercraft Challenges: Clean and Simple


Both of my cards this week are very simple but I do love how they turned out and I think the sketch is fantastic! Our DT has made wonderful samples for you, don't miss any of them, click HERE! Our guest designer this time is Sue and I love the fun hot air balloon card she created for us. Thanks for joining LIM, Sue! 

Happy Little Stampers continues as our April sponsor. Happy crafting!






24 comments:

Sue said...

Two beautiful cards, Nonni. The roses are beautifully coloured with the white highlights and look dramatic on the black cardstock. The CAS Christmas card is so pretty.

Claire said...

Both of your cards are so different but beautiful, I love the striking design on the first and your colouring. The snowflakes look fab in the frosty colours x

Trina P. said...

Two beautiful cards, Nonni! Your bright flower card is eye-catching against the black and your colouring is beautiful. And what a lovely snowflake Christmas card. So pretty in those soft shades. Great takes on the sketch, xx

GerJanne said...

Lovely cards! The first one is a very beautiful take on that sketch!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

The flowers stand out really well against the black card and I like your layout too. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

brenda said...

A beautifully feminine floral creation for our 'For the Girls' theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Anna-Karin said...

Such pretty cards! Love the bright flowers against the black. Thank you so much for sharing some flower power with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 magical designs Nonni and with such a busy week you've had too! Love the bold coloured blooms on the first one against the black cardstock. Super sassy and classy too! I see so many fun ideas with that Altenew set but I always forget I have that set too. Have a fun week x

pinky said...

Very striking card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Pia S said...

These flower stamps are gorgeous and I love how you used them to fit with the sketch on a black background. And the snowflakes too, very different from your flower card, and now I’m actually thinking I should try my stitched Christmas roses stamps with this sketch...

Michelle W said...

Beautiful cards Nonni! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

Susan said...

Love the range of cards you created. Both so different but perfect for the challenge!

Sue said...

Hi Nonni, can I just ask, which white gel pen do you use? x

Tracy Freeman said...

Both are gorgeous, the boldness of the first one is just WOW.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. Have a great day x

Nonni said...

Hi Sue! I have several but my absolutely favorite is by Pentel. If you google for "Pentel hybrid white gel pen K118" you'll find it. I've bought mine in an artist supplies shop in London but it seemed to be available in Amazon for example. Also Sakura makes a decent gel pen and Sigma pen has wonderful white ink but it can be a bit fiddly to work with. The pentel pen works like a dream and I want to repurchase it soon! :)

Sue said...

Thank you! x

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous cards and thanks for joining in with our circle challenge at That's Crafty! Wishing you lots of luck.
Fliss DT x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

You are rocking the coloured card bases recently Nonni and this top card is no exception. The black really makes those colours pop. Your snowflakes are super and it is lovely to see the sketch as a one layer as well as a Christmas card. Great choice of ink colours on that one xx

Neets B said...

Oooooh...those roses look so beautiful on the black base, fabulous colouring and the white detailing adds so much style. And a gorgeous one layer with those fabulous snowflakes, the the colour combo xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Sorry for the late comment, Nonni. Love your two beautiful cards for this challenge and I swoon over the black one and those gorgeous coloured roses on top. So impactful ! The snowflakes are also very beautiful with those non traditional colours. You're totally right, this sketch is fabulous ! Have a fabulous week. Hugs x

Lisa Mensing said...

Both cards are beautiful. Thank you for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, April Showers Bring May Flowers.

Linby said...

Beautiful card with the roses, I just got them - I love them too.

Aileen said...

Love your roses card, looks stunning the colours against the black.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Both your projects are so cute! Love the roses in your carsd!
Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp MOnday challenge! Please forgive me if this comment is way later than the challenge you joined in, but i had internet issue. I still wanted to thank you though for playing along with us and to let you know I appreciate your project!
Have a gorgeous week!
Zoey