Followers

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Nonni's and Sandie's Kit, Sandie's Materials (Post 1)

Hello friends!
Sandie from London Days and I are back sharing cards we've made using same materials (combined with own stash of course). So fun and inspiring to swap materials! This is what Sandie included in her fantastic kit:

Stamped, die cut Happy Little Stampers butterfly
Heat Embossed, die cut Happy Little Stampers butterfly
Heat Embossed Uniko butterflies
Heat Embossed Uniko hummingbird 
Die cut Concord and 9th butterfly

Die Cut fun foam sentiments by STAMPlorations and W+9
Stamped sentiments by the Ton

Faux-stitched die cut panels and frame by L'il Inker
Glitter cardstock
Different colored fun foam for die cutting

We are sharing two cards today and two cards on Friday. 


Yellow Butterfly Card
From the Kit:
Stamped and die cut Happy Little Stampers butterfly (I colored it with Copics + added white ge pen and Wink of Stella)
Yellow, glittery fun foam (I used it for die cutting my sentiment)

Own Ingredients:
Die cut tag (Sugar Pea Designs)
STAMPlorations Smile-die
One enamel dot as embellishment 
Card base

I'd like to enter my Yellow Butterfly card to:



I'm using the same framed tag die that I used in my GD card... Love this fun die! So happy to be guest designing at LIM, such an honor!




Thanks to Monika's suggestion, I'm also adding this to CUTplorations March challenge at STAMPlorations!



Then, my second card!  

Pink Butterfly Card
From the kit: 
Heat embossed, die cut Happy Little Stampers butterfly 
Stamped Sentiment by The Ton

Own ingredients: 
Distress inks for smooshing and watercoloring
Sequins
White and black card stock

Can't really say if I think this card looks fun and artsy or just simply messy... :) That's always with smooshing... You can't predict the outcome! However the sentiment made me want to make something really "crafty", hence the watercoloring (I think I'll stick with my Copics by the way, watercoloring is s-c-a-r-y...) and playing with inks. I chose girly pinks, I thought it suited the theme too! :) 



I'd like to enter my Pink Butterfly card to:




Thanks for popping by and please come back on Friday to see more cards made with Sandie's kit! 

18 comments:

sandie said...

I am so excited seeing what you created. I love the dramatic look of the yellow and black, the glitter sentiment looks great here and placing it so it overlaps the tag onto the black makes it the focal point. Your colouring is, as always, amazing and how I wish I could remember to use the white gel pen. I really wanted to use that sentiment you have on the second card but couldn't get it to work, what a great idea to use the label like this. I think your water colouring is really good. I like water colouring for the reason you don't!! I don't need to be precise! The gold and pink look great together and the sponged background really gives it an arty look. This was so much fun and you did an amazing job xx

Anita in France said...

These are so pretty, Nonni ... I'm especially taken with the first one ... the impact of the brightly coloured butterfly and sentiment is awesome against the black! So fun to see what you and Sandie do with the same supplies! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply wonderful cards! Your first card is stunning with that black background that gorgeous yellow, so striking!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Nonni I NEED that Craft like a boss sentiment! Simply spectacular and I love the depth of colour on that butterfly! Just sheer elegance and beauty. Loving the pops of yellow too on the first one and another striking take on our frame challenge at Less is More. Thanks for playing along there again as well as AAA Cards. x

Monika Skinner said...

Beautiful cards, Nonni. I am eith Sarah, that sentiment is fab! Love the colours of your first card, it would fit quite well with the floral Summer theme of the CUTplorations Challenge over at STAMPlorations, if you fancy linking up. Have a lovely day! Hugs Monika XXX

Kelly Szafron said...

Sorry you found the watercolouring scary you can't tell by your pretty card! Love the pink butterfly. Thank you for joining the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

Esther said...

What gorgeous cards Nonni! You've got such a good eye for colour and these have so much intensity and really 'pop'. Loving the elegance of your butterfly and frame, and that glitter fun foam... wow! And the beautiful raspberry inking on your second card is luscious. Thanks so much for not only being an awesome GD for us at Less is More but also finding time to play again!

Susan said...

Such a pretty card. Your yellow just pops off that card base. Terrific colors and perfect card for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! Your butterfly is absolutely gorgeous Nonni!! I love the colors on these and your butterflies just really pop off your design!! They are beautiful my friend! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Sarah G said...

These are both fabulous, Nonni! Love the vibrant butterfly against the dramatic black card base and the beautiful colours on the second card with that great sentiment! Thanks for joining us again at Less is More :)

Monika Skinner said...

Thanks for deciding to play along, Nonni. Good Luck! xxx

Aileen said...

Wonderful butterfly cards I love them both. I need to get back into butterflies, they truly are beautiful. I love how you glossy accented the sentiment and that great tag die you used on the first card.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

great card, love the contrast against the black
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner (DT)

Marina said...

Yes, you crafted like a boss here! I like that you used two different butterflies and plaed them in a similar way, at an angle. But the different colours and styles make them both really individual and both fab.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both of these cards are awesome Nonni!!! I LOVE the yellow on black. Both butterflies are colored wonderfully. Love that Craft Boss sentiment. What a fun thing to do the swap with Sandie. I love to see how differently projects come out when the same materials are used. Thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! The colors and butterfly are so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How fun to have you play along with us at Stamplorations! Gorgeous card!

Susan Renshaw said...

Both striking cards!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!