Followers

Saturday 25 March 2017

Guest Designing at Less Is More



Hi friends!
Today I have the great honor of being guest designer at Less Is More. I'm chuffed about this because Less Is More is my favorite challenge blog (along with those blogs where I'm in DT of course!) and I try to enter their challenges always when I can! When I started card making and blogging my cards were less CAS and I was searching for my style -I didn't like those super frilly cards but didn't yet have eye for designing simpler cards either. Then I bumbed into challenges like Less Is More and started to find the clean and simple style inside of me! I just went through my old blog Runaway Cards and found my first entry to LIM from December 2012. :) The 2 last years have been rather hectic on work field and I haven't had much time for challenge cards but things have settled now and by today I have not missed one LIM challenge from the beginning of 2017! :)

Anyway, onto my card and this week's LIM challenge!



It's a recipe week and the recipe is Use a Frame. My first idea was to make a shaker card and after playing with some other options I went back and did the shaker. I used a fun tag die from Sugar Pea Designs that allows you to cut a window -this was perfect for making a framed shaker. I chose Easter stamps by PTI and Avocado Arts (unfortunately not an active company anymore), did some simple Copic coloring and put my card together using a bit of grey card and a die cut border for accent. The small, glittery and clear shaker bits and pieces have such pretty shine IRL and the yellow card I used shines as well so this card is very glittery! I'm sending this to my boyfriend's sister and his nieces, they are 3 year old twins -I hope they'll have sun shaking! 

I'd like to thank Less Is More for inviting me to guest design. I hope you ladies understand what an influence your challenge blog has had for my card making! 

Thanks for popping by! 




24 comments:

sandie said...

Fun and fabulous x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A stunning sparkling and shimmery shaker card Nonni! Those bits n pieces look amazing and what better way to send fun Easter greeting to young children than this? Love how the grey card really accents the whites and yellows and makes them pop. Ha! I was also in that 'layer everything on a card' mode when I first started cardmaking too - it is difficult to find your style (still not sure I've stumbled across mine yet!) but you have really embraced yours. Your cards are always beautiful and so distinctive. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us and being our guest designer at Less is More this week. xx

Lynn said...

Congrats on the Guest DT spot! Your card is absolutely adorable!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Your card had certainly got the WOW factor Nonni, I love how you've incorporated a shaker element and lots of other intricate and elegant pieces yet still maintained that CAS style we love. Great angled design and oozing cuteness! Thanks for being a superb guest designer and hope you have a good week. Hugs x

Esther said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! What a fab guest DT card, so pretty and spring-like with that lovely yellow and the sparkly sequins. The chick is too cute! Loving the stylish touch of the grey angled background and yellow die cut band too... perfection! Thanks for being our guest designer this week Nonni and with such an awesome card :)

Milla said...

Huippu kortti! Täydellisesti CAS mutta silti hauska ja mielenkiintoinen lapsille, todella onnistunut kortti!

Milla said...

Niin, ja onnea ansaitusta Guest Designer -pestistä! :)

Loreal Blondi said...

Aivan ihana!!!

Susan said...

Love this card and your super shiny embellishments in your shaker! Thanks for being our guest at Less is More!

Skye said...

A wonderful shaker card. Such a lot of fun elements. The twins will love it. Congratulations on being the LIM guest designer

Marina said...

This is fabulous - glittery and cute.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous and sparkly card. Love the design and layout.

Evelyne Forest said...

j aime beaucoup ta carte

Pia S said...

Congrats on your gdt spot over at LIM, what an honor, and so well deserved! This shaker chicken design is so fun and adorable!

Sarah G said...

Love this, Nonni! A fabulous shaker design and the addition of soft grey really makes everything pop. I am glad that you are finding more time for making cards again as it is always a treat to see your cards in the gallery at LIM. Thank you for being a fab GD this week :)

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the guest design gig, Nonni! Your adorable card is smashing inspiration!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Nonni! Congrats on your DT spot.

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot at LIM, Nonni! Your card is fabulous ... love the yellow and grey colour combo ... and that little chick in his shaker frame is adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

So great to see your card at LIM! At first (not totally awake) I thought I was at the wrong blog... Congrats for being GDT there with this beautiful fresh-spring-frame card! Hugs, Gerrina

Sid said...

Fab card Nonni, love your card !

Kim Heggins said...

This is so darn cute...love your sweet chick shaker!

Izzy Scrap said...

Congratulations for being GD at LIM, Nonni ! And what a gorgeous and super cute card for our inspiration ! I love your CAS design and this chick is the cutest one ! I'm sure your nieces will love it and will shake it a lot ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Nonni your sparkly Easter shaker is super cute! Congrats on your guest designer post at LIM this week!

cm said...

Totally crushing over and smitten with your little chickie-in-an-egg-in-a-shaker card! Darling and adorable! Thrilled that your incredible creativity and talents are being highlighted at LIM! You are an outstanding GD (and how lucky we are to have you alllll to ourselves at INK *grin*)
Hugs~c