Followers

Saturday 7 October 2017

New Challenge at Less Is More!

Hi friends!
It's Saturday and time for a new Less Is More challenge! We have a color challenge for you and it's a fun one: hot and spicy colors! Our blog is filled with DT inspiration so please head on over there for more hot and spicy cards!

Card 1


My first card is very CAS with burning hot colors! I've stamped my Altenew bird, masked it off (along with adding a straight edge mask), sponged the top portion of the panel with orange DI and stamped some grid pattern (Kaiserkraft) on it with the same orange ink. My bird is colored in with Copics and I simply stamped a sentiment (STAMPlorations) to finish off the card. I adhered the stamped panel on card base out of red cardstock -I'm trying to use up my colored card and save some white! :) This card is inspired by the sketch (and well, the colors are very sunny too so by the photo too!) at Fusion card challenges:


And I'm also joining the grid-challenge at CASology. (I hope you can see the grid I stamped as extra interest on top of my inking! The photo didn't catch it very well.) 


Card 2 


My second card is sort of a re-make of my TIME OUT DT card from Thursday (click HERE if you want to check out that card, I really liked how it turned out!). I wanted to change the design a little bit and have a go with the hot and spicy colors. The stamp set is a stunner by CAS-ual Fridays stamps: Casual Comfort. This card is inspired by these challenges: 

AAA Cards: Sketch


My first time playing here... Glad to enter! These encouragement challenges are amazing!



Stamping Sensations: Autumn Glory

Before going I want to let you know that Uniko is our sponsor in the month of October and this week we have the pleasure to have Bev from Uniko as our guest designer. I love the mandala card she made for us! 


That's all from me this time, folks! If you made it until here... Well done! Quite a long post! :)




23 comments:

Estelle TBT said...

Oh! Such wonderful cards Nonni!
Love that color combo. And this bird is stunning!
Xxx

Cardsbymaaike said...

very pretty colors and awesomem cards. Thanks for playing withus at AAA cards

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely CAS card and I like your blending of colours in the background. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Joyce said...

Fun crafty time for Nonni! I love both of these these cards. Your bird is so dramatic, with so much intense color at the top and all that white at the bottom. Very clever way to incorporate the grid as a subtle pattern. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Izzy Scrap said...

Oh this is fantastic Nonni ! This majestic bird is just a stunner ! And with these hot colours it is very eye-catching ! Love also your second card with this beautiful layout and silhouette technique (a great CASE of your previous gorgeous pink one for TO!). Have a great WE and a fabulous week! xx

pinky said...

Looks absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Marina said...

I knew you would do great things with that set, and you've not let me down! Both cards look great with the hot colours.

Anita in France said...

Goodness, Nonni ... that first card is brilliant ... seems you have the blended background pouring colour into that fabulous bird ... so clever! Lovely silhouettes ... they look as gorgeous in these hot colours as the delicate pink ones did! Hugs, Anita :)

Sarah G said...

I literally gasped when I saw your amazing bird card at Less is More and then gasped again when I saw this second card which is equally fab!! The rich, warm colours and your wonderful CAS layouts work perfectly on both. I am going to have to give these ideas a go - thanks for the inspiration x

Coralynn Murray said...

I love the fall feel of your card and your take on our sketch challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What an incredible stamp that bird is Nonni and your sizzling hot colours really brought it to life. Great idea to use a coloured card base - think I may need to start doing that soon too (running out of white card here). Your second card is so beautiful! The stamp looks so good repeatedly stamped in different colours and popping above the beautifully inky blended strip. Enjoy the rest of your week xx

Jane said...

Love how those hot and spicy colours make the leaves really pop. Thanks for linking it up at AAA Cards. Your first card is totally stunning too, what an inspiration you are!

Jen W. said...

Your bird card is a stunner! I love the colour running along the top. Such a cool design! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anna Uhras said...

Yesss!! It's fantastic!! Gorgeous colors and design! Love the subtle grid pattern!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

Susan said...

Your cards are stunning. Terrific inspiration!

Pia S said...

These colors certainly seem to have inspired you. The colored panel at the top with your bird is a great detail. And also love how you used black and colors for your stamping on the second card.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Such warm colours. Love the subtle grid. So happy you could join in the fun at CASology this week.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 absolute beauties Nonni and you've showcased those hot and spicy colours brilliantly. I love that bird stamp and your inky blended section at the top looks fabulous. I'm loving the attention to detail with your hot and spicy card base colour too. A fun trick! Love the elegant stamping of the second card and another luscious blended background. CAS-tastic and awesome! Have a great week x

TaeEun said...

The bird in fiery colors is gorgeous! Love the red cardbase on that card! The second card is fabulous too! Love the layout and design!

Stempelomi said...

such a lovely card! Stunning!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Nonni! Your Fusion card is so vibrant and such a wonderful take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us.

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Wow a really gorgeous CAS card! I love the colours you chose and the way you stamped those simple leaves make them so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us over at the Calling All Sistahs Encouragement challenge and we hope to see more of your creations! Hugs Gwendolyn

Ceal said...

Gorgeous cards! thanks for joining the Calling All Sisters encouragement challenge!