Followers

Saturday 13 August 2016

New Challenge at Inkspirational!




Hi friends!

We have a new, fun challenge for you over at Inspirational: use patterned or designer paper with the optional twist of stamping on patterned paper. I was very inspired of the twist but in the end didn't stamp but used a Simon Says Stamp stencil over a monochrome designer paper that has a very beautiful ombre color. I used white pigment ink for sponging the stenciled design and I really like the look it created. I added a close-up photo so you could see the stenciling a bit better, it's a bit hard to see in the top of the card because the paper is almost white there... But IRL the look is very subtle and pretty. The sentiment is heat embossed with white on vellum, it's in Finnish and says "Today is your day". The feather die I've once received as a freebie with a crafty magazine.

Our guest designer this time is Kathy, don't miss her card or the DT cards -click here! I hope to see you playing along!


7 comments:

Shauna said...

Beautiful card Nonni! That ombre paper is fantastic and I love that you paired it with subtle colors, such as the white feather and vellum. This is so elegant!
- Shauna

sandie said...

Oh this really is gorgeous Nonni. I wasn't sure how you did this until I read the full post, but truly stunning and elegant look x

Marina said...

Love the soft, pretty effect on this card.

*Vicki* said...

This is such a soft and pretty design!! Love the embossing details here! :)

cm said...

A dreamy, airy card, Nonni! Beautiful ombre paper that makes a perfect canvas for your stenciling, vellum and feather! Classy...
Hugs~c

Pia S said...

This has such a pretty and delicate look. Very elegant, great job!

Pia Larsen said...

Great idea Nonni! I would never have thought of using a stencil on top of design paper. I will have to remember this tip.
This is so pretty and classy :)