Followers

Monday 3 October 2016

Ghost Stamping


Hi friends!
CAS Mix Up Card Challenge has just begun with a new monthly challenge and this time the theme is ghosting. This is not a completely new technique to me but I still enjoyed watching the video tutorials provided in the challenge. In the end I decided to go with stamping with water on distress inked background. The stamp I used is an older STAMPlorations sunflower stamp. I used it both for the ghosted background and then stamping normally with brown ink. Loll suggested using mixed media paper for ghosting in her video and that's what I picked and I do think it worked wonders! My "your choice"-mixed media element is heat embossing and I also used linen card stock for card base for extra texture. 


CAS Mix Up Card Challenge now also has a sister challenge blog: CAS Watercolor Challenge. What a cool and unique idea for a challenge blog! The first challenge is autumn and I made my card this in mind, I chose autumnal colors and a fall flower. It's amazing, the fall has been so warm here in Finland this year that the sun flowers are still growing in my neighbor's garden! They are super tall and so beautiful.

 Both CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolor challenges have a DT Call and I'm thinking to "throw my hat in the ring" for both of these challenges -would be great to be picked for one of them! Wish me luck friends and thanks for popping by! 




7 comments:

Loll said...

Great job with ghosting Nonni!! Love that beautiful sunflower used for ghosting and stamping ... such a great combination. And your autumnal colours are gorgeous. Especially love the bright pop of colour with your framing. Thanks for sharing with us at both CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour! xx

Pia S said...

Ghost stamping is new to me, I'll file it under new techniques to try. The purplish panel really sets off the colors nicely. Beautifully artsy CAS piece.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Water Ghosting flowers Nonnie. I love all the dimension you achieved on your beautiful card. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Bonnie said...

It's still very warm here too, Nonni. So we have sunflowers still blooming too! Love your ghosted and stamped sunflowers and the beautiful colors of your card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

Your ghosting is fabulous! And I love the colours you used - such a beautiful blend! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Gerrina said...

It looks so beautiful! Love the warm colours and it is a great technique! Hugs, Gerrina

Jo said...

This is gorgeous, the composition is so zen. Good job!